Author Topic: status.php for new HostBill Enterprise?  (Read 1620 times)

Offline josh

status.php for new HostBill Enterprise?
« on: November 08, 2016, 02:41:14 AM »
How do you enable the status page if you don't have the status.php file?
Seriously? HostBill what are you doing?

Offline hbillclient

• Active Participant
Re: status.php for new HostBill Enterprise?
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2016, 11:47:07 PM »
Was the status page working before? Did this happen after an upgrade or something?

Offline josh

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2017, 12:51:13 AM »
I used to have an old license for HB many years ago and I remember the status page. I recently reacquired the enterprise license but there's no longer a status page. What annoys me even more is that there's a field for URL to the status page under the provisioning modules and a link to net-stat under the flatUI template that doesn't process because there's no such status monitoring page. /net-stat links to /root.

This product is a disaster. I wish I could contact them but my support has expired and I don't think it's reasonable to have to pay $75 for a status page that SHOULD have been included.

"Copy status.php to the server you want to monitor" - YEA I WOULD IF I COULD FIND THE DAMNED FILE

https://hostbill.atlassian.net/wiki/display/DOCS/Server+Status+Setup

Offline hbillclient

• Active Participant
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2017, 12:44:04 PM »
Hi,

Here is the status.php as provided by HB. Hope this helps.

Thanks.

Offline josh

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2017, 09:37:17 PM »
Thanks for the file but it still seems like the netstat page still redirects to /root/. Anyone has any ideas?

Offline hbillclient

• Active Participant
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2017, 12:14:09 AM »
Hi,

Have you followed the instructions @ https://hostbill.atlassian.net/wiki/display/DOCS/Server+Status+Setup?

This is how you do this:

1. Copy the status.php to your hostbill install directory
2. Goto Settings -> Apps
3. Add New App or if you already have an app for the server you want to setup status, edit the app
4. Configure App settings and set "Server Status Address" to the absolute url of status.php(eg: http://<website>/<hb install dir>/status.php)

Hope this sorts your issue.

Thanks.

Offline josh

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2017, 03:03:13 AM »
Of course I did. I posted that link first. I even made sure status.php was working. It's like the code for the netstat page doesn't exist.

Offline hbillclient

• Active Participant
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2017, 03:40:19 AM »
What do you see on the status page in clientarea? If the page does not exist then it should give you a "404 Not Found" error.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2017, 03:58:13 AM by hbillclient »

Offline josh

« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2017, 04:31:59 AM »
It redirects to /root/ which is the same page as Dashboard/Main. There has to be a reason why status.php was removed from the installation package? I tried to download the latest version I had access to "hostbill_version2016-10-21.zip" and status.php is nowhere to be found in that package too. I don't understand why they removed it without any explanation.

Offline hbillclient

• Active Participant
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2017, 06:19:55 AM »
Did you set any specific htaccess rules?

By the way, what is the url for the status page? It should be something like "https://<website>/index.php?/netstat/".

Regarding installation packages of HB, it has been some time that only cumulative update packages are provided so, it would not consist of all the files.

Offline josh

« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2017, 06:37:01 AM »
I'm using the "Advanced" mode of SEO URL settings so it's <url>/?/netstat. No htaccess (it's forced nginx anyway)

Offline hbillclient

• Active Participant
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2017, 12:55:37 PM »
Nginx does not support htaccess and you would have to setup rewrite rules for it seperately.

You can try this out:

https://hostbill.atlassian.net/wiki/display/DOCS/Enable+SEO+URLs+on+Enterprise+Platform

Hope that helps.

Offline josh

« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2017, 02:17:49 AM »
I've actually looked at that. The problem is the netstat page is dead somehow

Offline josh

« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2017, 04:18:17 AM »
I managed to chance upon the solution. Apparently, you have to enable monitoring under Apps > Server monitor as well. Seems like the terrible documentation needs to be updated. I hope I saved some of you guys the headache in the future.

Offline tallship

• Active Participant
  • Manager Network Services
    • Skype - tallship
    • Business Internet and Telephony since 1985.
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2017, 02:34:30 AM »
I used to have an old license for HB many years ago and I remember the status page. I recently reacquired the enterprise license but there's no longer a status page. What annoys me even more is that there's a field for URL to the status page under the provisioning modules and a link to net-stat under the flatUI template that doesn't process because there's no such status monitoring page. /net-stat links to /root.

This product is a disaster. I wish I could contact them but my support has expired and I don't think it's reasonable to have to pay $75 for a status page that SHOULD have been included.

"Copy status.php to the server you want to monitor" - YEA I WOULD IF I COULD FIND THE DAMNED FILE

https://hostbill.atlassian.net/wiki/display/DOCS/Server+Status+Setup

I keep wondering how worthless my license is, and why I bother to hope that HostBill will be relevant again considering the scary uncertainties like what you're lamenting here. I really like HostBill, and yet just can't bring myself to run it in production anymore. So I work mostly with other solutions that are stable, limiting myself from doing what I would be able to do so well with HostBill if I could trust it, and just bite my tongue and keep hoping that these sorts of snafu's will someday end and I can go back to using HostBill as my main system.

But alas...
Bradley D. Thornton - Manager Network Services, NorthTech Computer   TEL: +1.310.388.9469 (US) | +44.203.318.2755 (UK) | +61.390.088.072 (AU) | +41.43.508.05.10 (CH)
Registered Linux User #190795 - "Ask Bill why the string in [MS-DOS] function 9 is terminated by a dollar sign. Ask him, because he can't answer. Only I know that." - Dr. Gary Kildall.