Author Topic: [Quick Fix] Modern Panel - Chat not working  (Read 1376 times)

Offline Lawrence

• Community Manager
  • Active Participant
    • Lawrence Wright
[Quick Fix] Modern Panel - Chat not working
« on: May 24, 2013, 06:05:26 AM »
This is just a quickie. If you can't get live chat to show up on your website, it's because it wasn't implemented into the theme. To resolve this, you'll have to generate your floating chat widget in the support section of HostBill.

Support > Live Chat > Chat Settings > Site Widgets Floating Sidebar

Generate your code, then paste it in your footer template. The live chat code should go after the following code for performance reasons. (Standard practice, CSS first and javascript last.)

<div class="footer-copyrights pull-right">
                &
copy2012 {$business_name}
            </
div>

Save your file, then start up chat. Your live chat should now be available to  your clients.
Skype: sociallarry | AIM: larry.aim@aim.com | Forum Rules & Information

These forums are hosted by me with no intentions to ever monetize them. These forums are here solely for the benfit of the HostBill community.

Offline tallship

• Active Participant
  • Manager Network Services
    • Skype - tallship
    • Business Internet and Telephony since 1985.
Re: [Quick Fix] Modern Panel - Chat not working
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2013, 02:19:57 PM »
Lawrence,

Do you think this will work for any chat client, say, for example, CSLH?

I'm not terribly concerned with integration of chat w/my billing system, just having that as a service to my customers in general, mostly presales, etc.

Since I already have a license for Crafty Syntax, and I've been using it for 10 years or so, and also support (and permit my customers to support) several other domains, websites, using yet another chat system is kind of clunky in my case.
Bradley D. Thornton - Manager Network Services, NorthTech Computer   TEL: +1.310.388.9469 (US) | +44.203.318.2755 (UK) | +61.390.088.072 (AU) | +41.43.508.05.10 (CH)
Registered Linux User #190795 - "Ask Bill why the string in [MS-DOS] function 9 is terminated by a dollar sign. Ask him, because he can't answer. Only I know that." - Dr. Gary Kildall.

Offline Lawrence

• Community Manager
  • Active Participant
    • Lawrence Wright
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2013, 07:32:25 PM »
Yes, this will definitely work with any chat software. You're placing the chat embed widget in your footer (to generate the floating chat button). Because the chat script is loaded last, everything else is unaffected, including styles and text formatting. All javascript should go at the end of your website, or as far down as possible. I chose right after the copyright since that's a pretty common place for other developers.
Skype: sociallarry | AIM: larry.aim@aim.com | Forum Rules & Information

These forums are hosted by me with no intentions to ever monetize them. These forums are here solely for the benfit of the HostBill community.

Offline tallship

• Active Participant
  • Manager Network Services
    • Skype - tallship
    • Business Internet and Telephony since 1985.
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2013, 07:48:39 PM »
Fantastic! Good to know :)

Thanks Lawrence!
Bradley D. Thornton - Manager Network Services, NorthTech Computer   TEL: +1.310.388.9469 (US) | +44.203.318.2755 (UK) | +61.390.088.072 (AU) | +41.43.508.05.10 (CH)
Registered Linux User #190795 - "Ask Bill why the string in [MS-DOS] function 9 is terminated by a dollar sign. Ask him, because he can't answer. Only I know that." - Dr. Gary Kildall.