Author Topic: HostBill Forums Rollback  (Read 1481 times)

Offline Lawrence

• Community Manager
  • Active Participant
    • Lawrence Wright
HostBill Forums Rollback
« on: February 26, 2014, 03:24:43 AM »
Hey everyone,

Had to do a full forum rollback. If anyone's posts are missing, let me know. The only reason for the rollback was to get all the topics that were locked by a moderator back into unlocked status so people can actually respond to them.
Skype: sociallarry | AIM: larry.aim@aim.com | Forum Rules & Information

These forums are hosted by me with no intentions to ever monetize them. These forums are here solely for the benfit of the HostBill community.

Offline Enterprisevpssolutions

• Community Managers
  • Active Participant
    • Skype - enterprisevpssolutions
    • Enterprise Vps Solutions
Re: HostBill Forums Rollback
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2014, 04:25:00 PM »
Hopefully you got rid of the spammers as well
Enterprise Vps Solutions (VPS) - Cloud Solutions, Shared hosting, VPS , and more, Fast Dedicated Servers. Great ssl prices SSL Certs, Follow us on Twitter. Sales Question? Contact us! Send us a Request Tampa , Florida Hivelocity Datacenter

Offline Lawrence

• Community Manager
  • Active Participant
    • Lawrence Wright
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2014, 09:27:01 AM »
It was as far as I know the one spammer. Sometimes they slip, and are easily dealt with. All is well.

These forums are hosted by me with no intentions to ever monetize them. These forums are here solely for the benfit of the HostBill community.

Offline Fusionhost

• Active Participant
    • Fusionhost
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2014, 03:18:41 PM »
Welcome back
fusionhost - www.fusionhost.co.uk
Leading student web host provider utilising SSD cloud platforms

Offline Patrick

• Active Participant
  • HBF Volunteer
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2014, 04:55:07 PM »
Well glad to see you're back but after several emails to you and pm's not hearing back and no one but you can really stop spam short of deleting it such as banning the ips and being a little more proactive I was left with no choice assuming you had taken a step back from the online world to deal with real life and with the advice of a few opted to switch to another forum that could be moderated a little more sternly. 

Most I can do is send a "warning" to anyone, so any spammers could continue posting until i could issue another warning until it mutes them which is why I was reaching out to you Lawrence.  I wanted to get everything under control but warnings don't do enough for spam or troll/flamers that continue to post.  So i stepped back as it was a loosing battle without you on here.  I did however try to clean it all up but that's when the suggestion to move came up because no one could reach you.
Patrick - Forum Rules
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

Offline Lawrence

• Community Manager
  • Active Participant
    • Lawrence Wright
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2014, 04:20:55 AM »
Understood Pat, and all fair statements. Reach me on Skype, I'll be monitoring it daily. Haven't received a PM from a HostBill user in a while on Skype, hah. But yeah, I am now keeping a watchful eye on any big issues. Shoot me a message sometime and let me know of any current issues, I have been pretty busy but I''ll respond on Skype.

Offline Fusionhost

• Active Participant
    • Fusionhost
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2014, 05:48:01 PM »
You answer your Skype either :P

Offline Lawrence

• Community Manager
  • Active Participant
    • Lawrence Wright
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2014, 05:15:50 AM »
You answer your Skype either :P

I might have missed your message if you sent one. Sometimes you gotta message me 2-3 times to get my attention, I really get into my work.

Offline Fusionhost

• Active Participant
    • Fusionhost
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2014, 04:56:34 PM »
Fair enough