Author Topic: Selling your Hostbill license? READ HERE.  (Read 1588 times)

Offline Patrick

• Active Participant
  • HBF Volunteer
Selling your Hostbill license? READ HERE.
« on: January 28, 2014, 12:06:27 AM »
Buying and or selling of a Hostbill license.

Until further notice, all licenses being sold on Hostbillforums.com must first be validated and buy/seller verified by me.  This is to minimalize the risk. 

Please note: Even with my voluntary effort to validate and verify buyers/sellers.  These are the same rules that apply to other popular sites
when users look to sell their licenses.  I will continue to update this post as I see fit until I speak to Lawrence about some stuff around here.  For now
please follow these very simple rules. 

Patrick - Forum Rules
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

Offline ProfFrnswrth

Re: Selling your Hostbill license? READ HERE.
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2014, 12:12:11 AM »
Good idea!

Some good requirements for verification would be to send you a screenshot of the Edit Detail page of the HostBill Client Area and then sending an email to that email address and have them replying to verify ownership of the email as well as a screenshot of the license page with the activation code blurred out.

Just an idea. Anyone can get a screenshot of a license page but verifying the email address from the Edit Detail page would help verify actual ownership.

Offline Patrick

• Active Participant
  • HBF Volunteer
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2014, 12:14:26 AM »
Good idea!

Some good requirements for verification would be to send you a screenshot of the Edit Detail page of the HostBill Client Area and then sending an email to that email address and have them replying to verify ownership of the email as well as a screenshot of the license page with the activation code blurred out.

Just an idea. Anyone can get a screenshot of a license page but verifying the email address from the Edit Detail page would help verify actual ownership.

Great idea.  Need any suggestions to make the process a little less of a hassle.  Thanks for the tip :)
Patrick - Forum Rules
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

Offline alhelalat

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2014, 08:37:06 PM »
where i can send you prove of hostbill license

Offline Lawrence

• Community Manager
  • Active Participant
    • Lawrence Wright
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2014, 06:18:26 AM »
I can edit the text in any browser easily and screenshot that. I'm considering not permitting license exchanges on these forums for that sole fact. It's not safe. Buyers beware.
Skype: sociallarry | AIM: larry.aim@aim.com | Forum Rules & Information

These forums are hosted by me with no intentions to ever monetize them. These forums are here solely for the benfit of the HostBill community.

Offline Patrick

• Active Participant
  • HBF Volunteer
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2014, 09:58:39 PM »
Have you decided on that yet Lawrence?  Seems FS: threads are through the roof on here at the moment.  Almost at a ridiculous rate.
Patrick - Forum Rules

Offline Lawrence

• Community Manager
  • Active Participant
    • Lawrence Wright
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2014, 06:39:14 PM »
Yeah, it's something I would like to address. I have to do a few more things on the forum, then I'm going to crack down a bit on this license selling. I'm not saying I'm against it, but I'm also not for it. There's a proper way to go about doing things, Until something is thought of, buyers beware.
Skype: sociallarry | AIM: larry.aim@aim.com | Forum Rules & Information

These forums are hosted by me with no intentions to ever monetize them. These forums are here solely for the benfit of the HostBill community.