Author Topic: Moderators take attention  (Read 1038 times)

Offline nibb

• Active Participant
Moderators take attention
« on: January 24, 2014, 09:39:16 AM »
I have noticed that the general section is filling up with people selling or asking licenses. I think its becoming a black market for licenses here and I don´t think that was the idea of this forum originally.

I also noticed that most of this people offering licenses or responding to offers are new users, that I never saw before, do we even know they are real users of hostbill that own the software? How do we know this are not scammers, scamming people? Since its usually very suspicious, in other forums people suddenly offering something to others and trying to make some deal in the dark. In particular with something intangible like software, you pay, don´t receive anything or receive an illegal license...

It would not surprise me if eventually we see someone posting here he was scammed by someone that offered hostbill licenses here. Also,  I don´t think they have the approval from Hostbill to do this. It just surprises me that suddenly there are so many people with owned older license they can transfer and sell out of the blue. Maybe a moderator should take some action and move this to another category or they should be verified first.

Just a suggestion.

Offline djalex

Re: Moderators take attention
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2014, 11:49:57 AM »
Hi nibb,

i agree! OK im also new user, because come on searching for a license to this board. Buy a license and didn`t get it, i get NOTHING. Paypal is aktually in clearify, to get money back and i go to police.

I have send the "buyer" to moderator i think a week before as illegal person.

Thanks
Alex

Offline nibb

• Active Participant
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2014, 12:50:12 PM »
It does not surprise me. Because when someone asks for a license and suddenly 5 new accounts appear all willing to sell, very cheap, with everything included, accounts just registered. It smells scam all over the place.

PayPal does not accept refunds for digital stuff, so the scammer will get away with it by claiming he send you the files.

I would advise people NOT to trust new accounts thats want to sell a license, and for gods sake, don´t send them money via PayPal or other method. If you really need to buy it, use an escrow service like this:
https://www.escrow.com

This is the only way to avoid a scam. Chances are when you ask the seller to use such a service he will deny, so you can confirm its a scam. But my real advice is just to go to Hostbill official website and buy a license. Why risk your business over a license which could not work on your domain or be illegal? Or worst be scammed.

Offline Patrick

• Active Participant
  • HBF Volunteer
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2014, 08:01:39 PM »
If lawrence were to give me more access to create a more dedicated area, i'd take the lead on verifying sales.  Unfortunately my access is is very neutered.  I can delete but I see no use in doing that for what may very well be valid licenses for sale. 
Patrick - Forum Rules
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

Offline Patrick

• Active Participant
  • HBF Volunteer
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2014, 11:55:32 PM »
I've pm'ed Lawrence for a little more access to these forums to clean it up a little bit and go as far as creating that extra category for buying/selling license/plugins/templates + my voluntary verification of each sale before they happen.
Patrick - Forum Rules
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

Offline nibb

• Active Participant
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2014, 02:36:08 AM »
Yes that would be great, as I think some of this offers do not actually just look but are indeed scams and could potentially be ripping people off their hard earned money.