Author Topic: License Agreement  (Read 897 times)

Offline ProfFrnswrth

License Agreement
« on: January 23, 2014, 03:23:32 PM »
I just read through the license agreement and it looks like the plugins/modules/themes are not covered under the license agreement because the use of the word Software (the "License") would refer to the license of the script. Since plugins/themes/etc are not licensed than couldnt technically we share them with each without breaking the agreement?

The only section that refers to the plugins is that there is 12 months of free updates and after that you get a discounted price.

Just curious

Offline nibb

• Active Participant
Re: License Agreement
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2014, 09:14:06 AM »
I donĀ“t think so but this points out exactly something I asked here:
http://www.hostbillforums.com/index.php/topic,692.0.html

He will need to restrict it in the code somehow on the Lite license to disallow other modules except those mentioned, otherwise most people will just purchase that and do exactly what you said, buy the lite, install other modules or even remove the branding and have basically an owned full version like that.

As for your question, he probably just missed to put the modules in the agreement as im very sure you are not allowed to share modules or other code, if that was the case, they would not be encoded in the first place, and they are. The reason they are, means they are part of the software and sharing them would be piracy.