Author Topic: Another bug in whmcs found  (Read 985 times)

Offline Enterprisevpssolutions

• Community Managers
  • Active Participant
    • Skype - enterprisevpssolutions
    • Enterprise Vps Solutions
Another bug in whmcs found
« on: October 25, 2013, 03:32:25 AM »
http://vpsboard.com/topic/2367-whmcs-24102013-vuln/

Really people who has more bugs whmcs or hostbill
Enterprise Vps Solutions (VPS) - Cloud Solutions, Shared hosting, VPS , and more, Fast Dedicated Servers. Great ssl prices SSL Certs, Follow us on Twitter. Sales Question? Contact us! Send us a Request Tampa , Florida Hivelocity Datacenter

Offline tallship

• Active Participant
  • Manager Network Services
    • Skype - tallship
    • Business Internet and Telephony since 1985.
Re: Another bug in whmcs found
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2013, 06:51:55 AM »
HostBill - Hostbill has more bugs and features advertised that don't work at all, while WHMCS has way more vuls.

At least, that's my two cents ;)
Bradley D. Thornton - Manager Network Services, NorthTech Computer   TEL: +1.310.388.9469 (US) | +44.203.318.2755 (UK) | +61.390.088.072 (AU) | +41.43.508.05.10 (CH)
Registered Linux User #190795 - "Ask Bill why the string in [MS-DOS] function 9 is terminated by a dollar sign. Ask him, because he can't answer. Only I know that." - Dr. Gary Kildall.

Offline psybox

• Active Participant
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2013, 08:29:37 AM »
HostBill - Hostbill has more bugs and features advertised that don't work at all, while WHMCS has way more vuls.

At least, that's my two cents ;)
I would say so - biggest showstopper for me is finding out HB isnt emailing out notification of invoice generated to clients! Or any emails relating to invoice, unless you manually click on remind client!!

Offline tallship

• Active Participant
  • Manager Network Services
    • Skype - tallship
    • Business Internet and Telephony since 1985.
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2013, 09:56:28 PM »
Oh that is one of THE MOST infuriating things!

Customers telling me the reason they paid nothing is because they didn't get bills!

I'm currently having to use multiple billing systems in parallel right now. One, HostBill, for the majority of my IaaS and SaaS offerings, and another for my brick and mortar IT customers. If those IT customers are also have cloud hosting services with me then I often have to input the invoices twice, once in each system, since, if they want to pay by check I have to use the alternate system to generate the pdf invoices with matching invoice numbers and manually mark those invoice numbers as paid in HostBill.

When you create an invoice from scratch in HostBill, it initially updates the prices (total), but right now, it's not updating no matter what I do, and each line item has to be input twice - once to create it, and then again to paste it so it formats correctly.

There are still major issues depending on the way the customer looks at the invoice too. If they click on download the invoice, it doesn't format correctly, sometimes line breaks and carriage returns don't work, and sometimes it's still all one big, long line that goes off the page into oblivion.

If I take too long and don't have all my cutting and pasting ready to go, then it times out and I have to delete the invoice and start all over again. If I have to add a line item, I have to delete the invoice and create a new one from scratch since the totals aren't updating.

I have never in my life seen or worked with any billing management software that simply does not work - like HostBill. The only two redeeming factors is that it looks nice to the client, and the automated service management aspects work (mostly, if you don't use the broken modules or kbkp doesn't break them with the weekly updates) like cloud hosting providers want it to, like no other system on the market except for Ubersmith or OpenQRM.

I see no end in sight (except for just completely abandoning HostBill) unless I want to confuse customers by having them sign up into three different billing systems, and that's just ludicrous.

So for the time being, I create an invoice in HostBill that looks like dung, create an invoice in another ERP system manually that has the same invoice number, send that invoice to the client as a pdf, and then manually mark the invoice as paid in HostBill if they cut a check.

kbkp is a fricken' idiot. He needs to get a clue and fix the billing system itself first, then fix his bugs, then worry about his stupid order pages that no one is going to buy!

Just to get off the ground with a brand new license of HostBill is a few grand - for a billing system that doesn't work and there is no support for.
Bradley D. Thornton - Manager Network Services, NorthTech Computer   TEL: +1.310.388.9469 (US) | +44.203.318.2755 (UK) | +61.390.088.072 (AU) | +41.43.508.05.10 (CH)
Registered Linux User #190795 - "Ask Bill why the string in [MS-DOS] function 9 is terminated by a dollar sign. Ask him, because he can't answer. Only I know that." - Dr. Gary Kildall.