Author Topic: ModulesGarden  (Read 6291 times)

Offline nibb

• Active Participant
Re: ModulesGarden
« Reply #30 on: June 04, 2013, 05:24:07 PM »
I would suggest this developer to start developing for Blesta instead.

It seems that is the approach they will take.

Release a powerful core

Let developers do the rest.

Kris is very stupid is he thinks he will able to compete against this. He cannot possibly compete vs the whole world, once cPanel develops its own module for Blesta, or PayPal does, or every other company or developer is open to do it, customers will have an amazing choice of different plugins and modules.

He will not be able to keep up with modules development and bug fixes. His idea of trying to make incomes only on new modules is stupid, because nobody will buy modules which are not supported on the long road. And his software will love market value as without modules its will be worthless, not to mention no support, new features, etc.

I don´t know why he is so short sighted. Why he just does not try to keep incomes coming in in a regular basis, sales, updates, support, etc. Instead of going now with this new business approach or trying to sell new modules.

There are plenty of bugs and features not working, in the core, and both in most modules. Now its clear he thinks this is his new business model, this can be the only reason he wants to shut down external developing, which for me the product itself is 0$ worth if other parties cannot develop for it. He should try to go back to a model where updates gives him regular cash flow.

Offline tallship

• Active Participant
  • Manager Network Services
    • Skype - tallship
    • Business Internet and Telephony since 1985.
« Reply #31 on: June 04, 2013, 06:06:31 PM »
Bradley D. Thornton - Manager Network Services, NorthTech Computer   TEL: +1.310.388.9469 (US) | +44.203.318.2755 (UK) | +61.390.088.072 (AU) | +41.43.508.05.10 (CH)
Registered Linux User #190795 - "Ask Bill why the string in [MS-DOS] function 9 is terminated by a dollar sign. Ask him, because he can't answer. Only I know that." - Dr. Gary Kildall.

Offline ModulesGarden

• Nothing Can Stop A Great Idea!
    • Skype - modulesgarden
    • ModulesGarden
« Reply #32 on: June 05, 2013, 04:22:06 AM »
Honestly I wish hadn't posted information about Vasicka Software and ModulesGarden here...

We are very sorry to hear that. We didn't expect to read something like this in this Forums. Same as we didn't expect such changes from HostBill.
We were doing our best and just entered the phase of releasing a couple of new HostBill modules within month or two, but in current state of affairs, we are unable to proceed.
However you need to admit that it's not our fault. And this is our epitaph for HostBill - unfortunatelly.

Offline thetrusteeco

• Active Participant
    • The Trustee Co.
« Reply #33 on: June 05, 2013, 04:31:17 AM »
However you need to admit that it's not our fault. And this is our epitaph for HostBill - unfortunatelly.

100% not ModulesGarden's fault.  We all know who's fault it it.

RIP HostBill   :'(
"No man really becomes a fool until he stops asking questions"
Charles Proteus Steinmetz

Offline tallship

• Active Participant
  • Manager Network Services
    • Skype - tallship
    • Business Internet and Telephony since 1985.
« Reply #34 on: June 05, 2013, 06:57:13 AM »
We are very sorry to hear that. We didn't expect to read something like this in this Forums. Same as we didn't expect such changes from HostBill.
We were doing our best and just entered the phase of releasing a couple of new HostBill modules within month or two, but in current state of affairs, we are unable to proceed.

Absolutely no fault of yours at all.

And the reason why the OP said he was sorry he referred your respective companies had nothing to do with you, he felt that somehow, he was responsible for kbkp deciding to lockout third party developers - that  was not his fault either - Everyone knows it is all kbkp and no one else that is causing the problem.

But thanks for writing the epitaph for kbkp ;) Here's my gravesite words on the matter (borrowed from a movie I once saw):

Here lies kbkp. He lived like a dog and he died like one too. Now cover the bastard over and let's go get a drink.
Bradley D. Thornton - Manager Network Services, NorthTech Computer   TEL: +1.310.388.9469 (US) | +44.203.318.2755 (UK) | +61.390.088.072 (AU) | +41.43.508.05.10 (CH)
Registered Linux User #190795 - "Ask Bill why the string in [MS-DOS] function 9 is terminated by a dollar sign. Ask him, because he can't answer. Only I know that." - Dr. Gary Kildall.

Offline Patrick

• Active Participant
  • HBF Volunteer
« Reply #35 on: June 05, 2013, 11:08:53 AM »

Unequivocally NOT your fault and as a matter of fact, everyone as already stated knows whose at fault here.  You tried.  I find it so frustrating because i really like the hostbill software but man....just sucks we can't be provided options.
Patrick - Forum Rules
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

Offline Lawrence

• Community Manager
  • Active Participant
    • Lawrence Wright
« Reply #36 on: June 07, 2013, 02:16:02 PM »
Why not just develop modules and upload them anyway to your modules directory? I don't see how HostBill could tell the difference between an in-house module and a module made by a third party.

Sad state of affairs.
Skype: sociallarry | AIM: larry.aim@aim.com | Forum Rules & Information

These forums are hosted by me with no intentions to ever monetize them. These forums are here solely for the benfit of the HostBill community.

Offline maxim

• Active Participant
  • Version: latest
« Reply #37 on: August 28, 2013, 03:20:21 PM »
Hello all. Thank you for this discussion.
I develop modules many years before and new rules from hostbill software really breaks some third party development.
But why we cannot add module to hostbill? The answer is missing for me.
Anyway I want develop modules for future with support, but not for hostbill but compatible with hostbill too.
In this case is me modules nothing with hostbill, but compatible.
Anyway many modules still missing in hostbill. You cannot buy, when isn't there the module.

Offline ModulesGarden

• Nothing Can Stop A Great Idea!
    • Skype - modulesgarden
    • ModulesGarden
« Reply #38 on: August 29, 2013, 08:13:32 AM »
Why not just develop modules and upload them anyway to your modules directory? I don't see how HostBill could tell the difference between an in-house module and a module made by a third party.

Sad state of affairs.

We are not finished with software development for HostBill yet.
We are still open for any custom software development requests and once in a while we receive such requests and we proceed with them. There is no problem with that.
When there will be an opportunity to release a good module for HostBill, we will make it.