Author Topic: Is Hostbill the same in 2019 ??  (Read 183 times)

Offline Been

Is Hostbill the same in 2019 ??
« on: July 08, 2019, 04:51:00 PM »
I am a fan of owned license ..... i am looking to buy Enterprise plan

My business will be completely based on the following plugin ..... are they mature enough ?? if there is something buggy do they still take a long time to fix a bug report ???

Upcloud
cloudstack
openstack
vcloud director

Is bug reporting and support ticket same or different.

Offline tallship

• Active Participant
  • Manager Network Services
    • Skype - tallship
    • Business Internet and Telephony since 1985.
Re: Is Hostbill the same in 2019 ??
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2019, 05:41:35 PM »
Same same.
I recommend you check for the refund guarantee before making any purchases, test quickly for all of the functionality you need moving forward, and then you'll know if it fits your needs.
Good luck.
Bradley D. Thornton - Manager Network Services, NorthTech Computer   TEL: +1.310.388.9469 (US) | +44.203.318.2755 (UK) | +61.390.088.072 (AU) | +41.43.508.05.10 (CH)
Registered Linux User #190795 - "Ask Bill why the string in [MS-DOS] function 9 is terminated by a dollar sign. Ask him, because he can't answer. Only I know that." - Dr. Gary Kildall.

Offline Been

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2019, 02:21:31 PM »
Is there an equal to hostbillapp ??

How much does it cost to fix a bug ?? ( i guess there is price for everything)

Can anyone share the list of cloud and VPS plugin that is most stable and running without any issue in hostbillapp ?

Is it real that one person fixes everything for you ?? and everything is on him ??

Offline tallship

• Active Participant
  • Manager Network Services
    • Skype - tallship
    • Business Internet and Telephony since 1985.
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2019, 07:28:55 PM »
http://WHMCS.com
http://Blesta.com
OnApp, and a few others too.

How much does it cost to fix a bug ?? ( i guess there is price for everything)
I don't know what he's charging to fix 'bugs', nowadays, but yes, Kris generally charges for everything, even bugfixes if you ask before he addresses it himself.
Can anyone share the list of cloud and VPS plugin that is most stable and running without any issue in hostbillapp ?
Honestly, I will defer to what I recommended before. Check the refund policy, then test drive and if you find it to not meet your needs, then get a refund.

Is it real that one person fixes everything for you ?? and everything is on him ??
There used to supposedly be two people, then he added some support personnel to help out in his own forums, then he got mad because the community got mad at him and then he deleted the forums. After that it was a one man shop with just Kris - Now? I'm not sure.
Most people moved to other platforms like the one's I mentioned above, if that's any indication of the level of confidence that people have in the developer himself.
I hope that helps.
Bradley D. Thornton - Manager Network Services, NorthTech Computer   TEL: +1.310.388.9469 (US) | +44.203.318.2755 (UK) | +61.390.088.072 (AU) | +41.43.508.05.10 (CH)
Registered Linux User #190795 - "Ask Bill why the string in [MS-DOS] function 9 is terminated by a dollar sign. Ask him, because he can't answer. Only I know that." - Dr. Gary Kildall.

Offline d4f

• Community Managers
  • Active Participant
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2019, 05:36:18 AM »
Kris generally charges for everything, even bugfixes if you ask before he addresses it himself.
I can honestly say I never got charged for a single bugfix and I did get quite a few. Usually when it was an urgent fix I got the relevant file sent back as email attachment for quickfixing before the update is pushed. However there are a lot of minor or hard-to-pinpoint bugs that never got adressed and which I simply had to work around. Some got fixed later.

Most people moved to other platforms like the one's I mentioned above
I honestly don't think confidence is the main key there. Having a strictly closed-down ecosystem and not being cheaper than the more common alternatives doesn't really help your business... especially if you are also hard to reach.

Offline Factor

• Active Participant
  • Welcome to reality wish you could stay longer..
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2019, 10:17:25 PM »

Ubersmith.  Way more expensive.  Depending on what you want out of the Product Whmcs and Blesta do some of the things Hostbill does.

How much does it cost to fix a bug ?? ( i guess there is price for everything) .

It currently doesn't cost anything to fix a bug.  If it's determined to be a bug they currently do not charge fix it.  Keep in mind it might get done soon, later and or never. Like d4f said.

I currently have the Enterprise Plan and it all works. Outside of that you need to test as TallShip and I said.

Yes, the owner is the coder.  The company has about 5 people in it and they live in Poland......  Are you one person?  Should your customers be scared?

Like others have said the big issue is the Support some have stated even if you pay for a support ticket they may or may not fix it based on if they think it's an issue or not.  Some have stated you might get a one line answer back and the tick gets closed.  Keep in mind I haven't had this issue.  In general if you are expecting to receive support like you might get from blesta, cPanel or whmcs put that out of your mind it not going to happen that way.  Plan more one not needing support, you testing it all and it working.  If it doesn't work ask for a refund and move to some other platform.

The thing is  we cant answer all the questions in your head only you can.  Which means you have to test...
« Last Edit: August 10, 2019, 10:19:49 PM by Factor »
Thanks,
The Factor