Author Topic: Consultant/Developer wanted for new setup  (Read 650 times)

Offline jhuebner

Consultant/Developer wanted for new setup
« on: March 04, 2019, 03:41:18 PM »
Hi all - I'm new to the forums and would appreciate some input and assistance.

We purchased the Enterprise All Inclusive license last year but haven't made it very far with our implementation, mostly due to lack of time and resources on our end.  We have multiple datacenters which we provide our cloud hosting and colocation services from.  The biggest thing we liked about HostBill is its integrations with OpenStack and Cloudstack for billing purposes (ie- post-paid invoicing based on resource consumption).

1) Rather than doing it all ourselves, I'm looking to hire a consultant/developer to do the following...

- Build out our Products & Services area, including order pages
- Assist with setup of product add-ons
- Setup billing for OpenStack product usage
- Setup billing for CloudStack product usage
- Assist with Invoicing/payment setup & configuration
- Assist with basic Client setup & configuration
- Assist with Support ticketing settings & configuration

2) After reading through the forums here though, I'm a bit discouraged by what has transpired with HostBill and am questioning whether we should implement it at all.  Are there mid-sized providers that are still running HostBill in production, despite the lack of support and flexibility from the vendor?

Appreciate your feedback.

Offline Factor

• Active Participant
  • Welcome to reality wish you could stay longer..
Re: Consultant/Developer wanted for new setup
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2019, 04:50:12 PM »
Welcome to the Forum.. 
You can read and see HB has a long and Tattered past.  No doubt you read some of my post as I tried them just few months ago.  I am small not even medium.  Mostly you have 2 maybe 3  choices per my research.  All require Development.  Hostbill, Ubersmith or heavily moded WHMCS.

Hostbill in my limited test works and does the tasks appointed to it.  Only issue I had was the Namesilo Module wont properly update domain contacts.  Turned in bug reports for that.  Again I had the $899 package doing Shared hosting. 

The rub with most is the Support.  The  company is run by 4-5 people in Poland no 24/7 helpdesk.  Each support request is currently $75 dollars.  Never needed support but again i test the product for less ten 30 days and then asked for a refund.
Other issues with some are the Pricing model.  It changes a lot.  To quote Tallship "they change prices like you change you underwear"  Matter a fact it just changed a moth ago or so...  Hostbill is an integration system with Billing some have said.

Ubersmith is very expensive and way out of my league.  I cant comment.

WHMC I am currently using is great seems to work well for my Model (small). Once you kind of cross the line in to Cloud/colo its limited without devops work is what I hear.  Also as an example if you want to use PowerDNS you have to buy a 3rd party module which is $300 a year.  Best i can tell with Hostbill its $99 for the module.

Setting up Hostbill is not to hard.  If you are Medium size you should have lots of Staff that can work on the system.  There are still people that use it. Yes.  There are people who used it and dont as well.  I am sure others will comment.  A lot which are smarter and wise than me..
« Last Edit: March 08, 2019, 05:07:32 PM by bdacus01 »
Thanks,
The Factor