Author Topic: FYI: 'Hidden' Price Increase & 'Fake' Black Friday Deal...  (Read 79 times)

Offline Fusionhost

• Active Participant
    • Fusionhost
FYI: 'Hidden' Price Increase & 'Fake' Black Friday Deal...
« on: December 05, 2018, 09:40:29 PM »
Hi,

So,  we experienced a 'Fake' Black Friday Deal...

We had an email for our 'personal' offer. Logged in and clicked the offer.

Everything cost 0.00.

Wow! We thought. Perfect time to upgrade a couple of modules.

Selected them and hit order. Every stage stated 0.0 cost. We received confirmation confirming that the order was complete :) but we could only download a handful of items. - None of the paid content.

Strange we thought. We'll leave it a couple of days.

Imagine our surprise (not), when an invoice appeared for 4,194.11 EUR for our 0.00 upgrades and now I need to renew my upgrade access our yearly update subscription jumped in price, again...

From 54.00 EUR to 96.24.

I hope no one else was caught out?

Follow our journey here: https://twitter.com/fusionhost/status/1070503914120847361

fusionhost - www.fusionhost.co.uk
Leading student web host provider utilising SSD cloud platforms

Offline d4f

• Community Managers
  • Active Participant
Re: FYI: 'Hidden' Price Increase & 'Fake' Black Friday Deal...
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2018, 05:02:34 AM »
It showed the corret prices for me but it was a complete no-deal and waste of time. The rebate was ridiculous and not even worth the time I spent looking at it and the time I spent clicking away their f**** popups which I disabled at least 5 times.

Updates is already at 99$ for some time now, despite our old (2013) contract specifically having said otherwise...
You can't argue with him if he simply does not respond to any criticism and leaves you without updates then.

Shady business practices all over. Shame, it had just started to look reliable and more or less professional.

Offline Lawrence

• Community Manager
  • Active Participant
    • Lawrence Wright
Re: FYI: 'Hidden' Price Increase & 'Fake' Black Friday Deal...
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2019, 07:38:15 AM »
10 years later, and HostBill celebrates by jacking up the price of All Inclusive another $1,000. The show continues!
Skype: sociallarry | AIM: larry.aim@aim.com | Forum Rules & Information

These forums are hosted by me with no intentions to ever monetize them. These forums are here solely for the benfit of the HostBill community.