Author Topic: License issue  (Read 138 times)

Offline beautiful

License issue
« on: July 19, 2018, 07:02:22 AM »
Hi

I changed the domain and reissue the license but still the licnese is not activated, My support for updates has been expired is this the reason because
even though I disable firewall and all login information  directroy etc is correct still licensing does not work

Offline Lawrence

• Community Manager
  • Active Participant
    • Lawrence Wright
Re: License issue
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2018, 10:36:43 AM »
Changing the license domain will not affect this (unless they changed the rules again).

Sometimes it can take a while (a few hours). When did you reissue the license?

An expired license should just prevent you from downloading new releases. It should not prevent you from changing where it's hosted or what domain you're using.
Skype: sociallarry | AIM: larry.aim@aim.com | Forum Rules & Information

These forums are hosted by me with no intentions to ever monetize them. These forums are here solely for the benfit of the HostBill community.

Offline beautiful

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2018, 10:43:18 AM »
I waited for 24 hours and it does not work also one other problem is that
they ask me to pay to get updates and the message says my last update available was 2016
but I purchased the software in 2012   I was able to get updates until 2016 and then they stopped?

I am very confused

Offline Lawrence

• Community Manager
  • Active Participant
    • Lawrence Wright
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2018, 12:49:00 PM »
I waited for 24 hours and it does not work also one other problem is that
they ask me to pay to get updates and the message says my last update available was 2016
but I purchased the software in 2012   I was able to get updates until 2016 and then they stopped?

I am very confused

1. The Terms of HostBill has undergone several dozen revisions.
2. The license you have is valid for life, but updates were always paid (info I got from Kris). I think we just got a couple free years in that respect.

Also, have you cleaned up your caches? Something's not right, you should be able to update license info without having to pay.

Make sure that you,

1. Update license info through HostBill first.
2. Login to the admin page, and you'll be presented with an area where you can verify / submit your license key.

If you still can't get this resolved within 24 hours after saving the new license details, then something's wrong. Nevertheless, the renewal is a lot better than a $75 ticket.

These forums are hosted by me with no intentions to ever monetize them. These forums are here solely for the benfit of the HostBill community.

Offline beautiful

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2018, 12:50:07 PM »
Thanks for reply , I do not mind to pay for updates but speaking frankly from 2012 when I first purchased  I have lost hope on Hostbill
so I once in a few months I just test the software , look around at their site ,  view all the complains and get discouraged .
I  got clientexec a few years ago .  A billing software without proper support would get me into trouble and the support is too expensive for me
and paying annual payment for updates is fine but again I never know if they all of sudden go offline or what so ever

===

When you said I clean up my catch do you mean my browser or my server?

Offline Lawrence

• Community Manager
  • Active Participant
    • Lawrence Wright
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2018, 01:30:08 PM »
Thanks for reply , I do not mind to pay for updates but speaking frankly from 2012 when I first purchased  I have lost hope on Hostbill
so I once in a few months I just test the software , look around at their site ,  view all the complains and get discouraged .
I  got clientexec a few years ago .  A billing software without proper support would get me into trouble and the support is too expensive for me
and paying annual payment for updates is fine but again I never know if they all of sudden go offline or what so ever

===

When you said I clean up my catch do you mean my browser or my server?

HostBill I don't think will simply disappear, but if they did, it's probable that they'll sell to another company to take it over. This is my best guess.

Support will always be very expensive from HostBill.

Regarding your cache, I meant your HB cache files such as templates_c, and temporary data. I doubt that would be the cause of the license issue, but it's worth a shot. I've updated licenses just fine without having to pay a renewal fee. It could be something else.

Offline beautiful

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2018, 03:01:53 PM »
Thanks I installed every thing again and still I received error but could login

I paid for many plugins in 2012 but as I test I see some are complete useless now

------
example

Uh oh! Something went wrong ...
PHP [Core Error]: The file  cannot be run by the ionCube Loader. Please ask the script provider to supply an encoded file that can run on your version of PHP, 5.5. IN Unknown(0)

So not only the software but also all my money on plugins wasted.  Man  I am trying hard to understand how can this be !!

Completely lost money on this :) 

Offline Lawrence

• Community Manager
  • Active Participant
    • Lawrence Wright
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2018, 05:11:42 AM »
That error simply means your IonCube loaders are not the correct version for HostBill. You need to adjust your IonCube loader version.

Are you on a cPanel server? Do you have root access? Do you know how to run EasyApache Update? Are you running PHP Selector w/Cloud Linux? Many ways to fix this issue, but I'll need more info about your environment to help you with the error. :)

Offline beautiful

« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2018, 08:18:34 PM »
Thanks a lot . Server admin is some body else but I prefer myself to set this up. 

It is on a VPS , Cpanel server , Cloudlinux and I have root access too, I know how to work with easy apache 4 if I am guided

Thanks for your advice . What should I do?

Offline Lawrence

• Community Manager
  • Active Participant
    • Lawrence Wright
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2018, 08:42:47 PM »
To fix this issue if it's because of HostBill, just update HostBill and the individual plugins.

IMPORTANT: Old subscribers of HostBill must now download every single addon individually to update them, and the newer versions will have issues due to how the files are encoded. Remember, you will have to download EVERY SINGLE ADDON INDIVIDUALLY.

To fix this issue if it's because of Ioncube (if you've already updated or are using the latest version),

1. Login to WHM
2. Click EasyApache 4
3. Click "Customize" in the first section, "Currently Installed Packages"
4. Ignore everything, click directly in "PHP Extensions"
5. In the search box, type "ioncube"
6. Make sure to click the blue slider to disable all "ioncube" PHP extensions.
7. Now, for the same Ioncube versions, enable the versions you need for the PHP versions you have installed.
::: In my case, the PHP Ioncube versions without a version number would do fine (e.g. Not ioncube5 or ioncube6, just "ioncube")
8. Click "Review"
9. Confirm and build.

Offline beautiful

« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2018, 09:20:25 PM »
Thanks a lot yet easy , I resovled with with my php verseion selector in cpanel

Thank you for spending time to help me :)