Author Topic: Here Goes Nothing  (Read 1054 times)

Offline d4f

• Community Managers
  • Active Participant
Re: Here Goes Nothing
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2019, 12:44:47 PM »
Unfortunately I don't have a guide as most of Hostbill is undocumented so it's trial and error all across the board.
However you can look into the other Hostbill templates for the "logic" part so basically all you need is HTML, CSS, some understanding of the old (1.x) Smarty template engine and tons of patience.

Just copy a template to a new name in /templates or start with your own (needs header.tpl, footer.tpl and some other files it will complain about to get you started). Most template files are loaded from a default source if your template does not have them, so you can selectively override.
To simplify getting started, add this to header.tpl:
{if $smarty.get.debug and $smarty.get.debug == "secret"}
        {debug}
    {/if}
Then you can call any URL with ?debug=secret and it will show smarty information window with all available variables and their content. To switch between "your" template and the default template, use "?systemtemplate=YOURTEMPLATE" or go through admin panel -> template -> preview.

I'm not allowed to send you my template but drop me a PM if you're interested and I'll link you what the website I built looks like. Still has some kinks and bugs but looks nothing like Hostbill on order pages and client area and includes a lot of "codemagic" Hostbill does not support like actual page translations or geoip VAT rate adaptation. =)

Offline Fusionhost

• Active Participant
    • Fusionhost
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2019, 10:52:00 PM »
I'm not allowed to send you my template but drop me a PM if you're interested and I'll link you what the website I built looks like. Still has some kinks and bugs but looks nothing like Hostbill on order pages and client area and includes a lot of "codemagic" Hostbill does not support like actual page translations or geoip VAT rate adaptation. =)

Could I see as well?

Thanks
fusionhost - www.fusionhost.co.uk
Leading student web host provider utilising SSD cloud platforms

Offline d4f

• Community Managers
  • Active Participant
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2019, 08:22:26 AM »
Sure, I've just sent you a PM. I  just don't want the link in public so I have a separation between my account (and my opinions) and work  ;D

Offline Been

« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2019, 03:56:58 PM »
Planing to buy hostbill tomorrow ...... got anything to say ??

Offline Factor

• Active Participant
  • Welcome to reality wish you could stay longer..
« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2019, 09:00:17 PM »
check PM

If you want more than 1 opinion  I would wait a bit.  I would also wait for a week day to order.

Your question is very Vague.  I would post some real questions about what you want to know.

Did you read the posts and the forum?  Did it bring up questions?

Thanks,
The Factor

Offline tallship

• Active Participant
  • Manager Network Services
    • Skype - tallship
    • Business Internet and Telephony since 1985.
« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2019, 12:11:21 AM »
You know I just remembered that I've got some old repo forks that I never got around to deleting. I keep most of my own stuff on my own Gitea instances nowadays anyway, or just simple git repos on local machines, but here's a couple of old dev guides and HostBill stuff to go with it.
Now, before anyone goes out and starts writing up stuff, be warned, I do NOT bother with keeping up with all of Kris' crazy musical licenses schemes any longer. It became a full time job and the only reason I personally stuck around for as long as I did was because I was invested in the product at the time with several cloud clients and such.
MY license, let's me do pretty much anything. It's an owned, pre-whatever is the magic date/version where everything went to complete dung, and although I'm not entitled to farm out development to a third party, I can do pretty much anything according to my license, which is nothing right now because I have no use for HostBill in my current production operations, but who knows? Maybe someday @FusionHost will actually have their offer accepted and then things may improve. And Kris will be gone, or at least not in charge. Stranger things have happened lolz.
Anyway read your license - depending on when you bought your lifetime forever license, you may or may not be entitled to dev up your copy of HostBill:
https://github.com/tallship/HBWrapper
https://github.com/tallship/client-templates
https://github.com/tallship/oop_devkit
Last time I looked I believe Kris decided to start keeping whatever he was going to make publicly available on Jira or Confluence. I can't remember where/when I forked those repos but knew they would disappear If I didn't. They did.
If you search on Github there's at least 6 pages of 'stuf'.
I hope that helps :)
Bradley D. Thornton - Manager Network Services, NorthTech Computer   TEL: +1.310.388.9469 (US) | +44.203.318.2755 (UK) | +61.390.088.072 (AU) | +41.43.508.05.10 (CH)
Registered Linux User #190795 - "Ask Bill why the string in [MS-DOS] function 9 is terminated by a dollar sign. Ask him, because he can't answer. Only I know that." - Dr. Gary Kildall.

Offline Been

« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2019, 12:15:13 PM »
While raising a ticket  .... have you ever created a ticket clubbing two issues in a ticket ? ..... was that allowed ??

Has anyone have any experience with recent cloud modules ?? how does it perform ??

particularly digital ocean, vultr, upcloud and hetzner

« Last Edit: August 10, 2019, 12:19:26 PM by Been »

Offline Factor

• Active Participant
  • Welcome to reality wish you could stay longer..
« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2019, 01:14:33 PM »
While raising a ticket  .... have you ever created a ticket clubbing two issues in a ticket ? ..... was that allowed ??

Has anyone have any experience with recent cloud modules ?? how does it perform ??

particularly digital ocean, vultr, upcloud and hetzner

The hetzner module is rather new and works as advertised.  I use it and it’s fine for me.

I have never needed a support ticket. I would only assume if the question are all related in the ticket you would be fine. But support isn’t his strong suit. They are not like WHMCS with a legion of support staff.  It’s a 4 or 5 person company.
Thanks,
The Factor