Author Topic: Modules For Blesta - Poll  (Read 2951 times)

Offline ModulesGarden

• Nothing Can Stop A Great Idea!
    • Skype - modulesgarden
    • ModulesGarden
Modules For Blesta - Poll
« on: July 29, 2013, 09:43:48 AM »
Hi,

I have read a little bit here and there on this Forums and noticed that some of you might be interested in Blesta and it's possible to talk about solutions for Blesta and other systems in Off Topic section.
If I am wrong, please simply remove this post, that wouldn't be a problem.

We decided to create a module for Blesta and we created a poll where you can choose which module you would like us to create. Poll ends on 1st of the August. Afterwards a development will start.
If it's ok with the rules here, I am attaching a link to the thread which can be found on Blesta Forums and where you can participate and make your vote.

Offline tallship

• Active Participant
  • Manager Network Services
    • Skype - tallship
    • Business Internet and Telephony since 1985.
Re: Modules For Blesta - Poll
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2013, 12:47:36 PM »
This is quickly becoming NOT Off Topic ;)

And there's been hope that we'll get dedicated boards for some of the other billing platforms here, especially since many of us are already engaged in our partial or complete migrations away from HostBill.

There's a lot of talk about Blesta, and on these forums too, and yet we (and you too apparently) keep wondering where the best place to post our threads for such discussions are - scattering the focus around in a haphazard fashion. The other big player that people talk about, to a lesser degree at this time than Blesta, is WHMCS.

And then there's http://www.ispconfig.org/, which I believe that many of us are interested in, and using. It's a very capable and promising platform for webhosting, and also keeps with the spirit of doing something well, with an active community and steady a steady development cycle.

Many of the providers here are also running WHMCS and Blesta (I have owned licenses for all three), among a few others, and there's moral support for http://WHSuite.com too, since it embodies much of what the community holds dear and indirectly seeks to address many of the woes we are experiencing here as a result of not being able to fix a heavily encoded, poorly documented app like HostBill ourselves, or with the help of more than a handful of developers that may be familiar with its quirks.

Okay I've gone over and voted/posted. I chose the DNS manager, but even that is kind of low on my list compared to:

• CloudStack
  • XenServer
  • vCloud Director (and including support for vSphere and ESXi directly)
I hope that helps, and one of those three is really what it's going to take for me and several others I know of here to make the switch completely to Blesta.

I hope that helps :)

Kindest regards,

« Last Edit: July 29, 2013, 12:54:52 PM by tallship »
Bradley D. Thornton - Manager Network Services, NorthTech Computer   TEL: +1.310.388.9469 (US) | +44.203.318.2755 (UK) | +61.390.088.072 (AU) | +41.43.508.05.10 (CH)
Registered Linux User #190795 - "Ask Bill why the string in [MS-DOS] function 9 is terminated by a dollar sign. Ask him, because he can't answer. Only I know that." - Dr. Gary Kildall.

Offline ModulesGarden

• Skype - modulesgarden
    • ModulesGarden
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2013, 02:32:21 PM »
Thank you for your suggestions. This will definitely help.
Once we see how the release of our first official module for Blesta will go, we will think about next modules.

The better we understand your needs, the better :P

Offline webguyz

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2013, 04:03:58 PM »
With the release of Xenserver 6.2 as open source, you will see a LOT of people trying it out and right now there are no good hosting control panels out there. Whats sad is Xenserver has a great API and most ISP's that use it custom build their own CP's to have a competitive advantage

A good place to look for an open source coding example of the Xenserver api is the excellent XVP, a php web based manager for Xenserver written by Colin Dean. You can get working code examples at http://www.xvpsource.org. Heck you can borrow most of the XAPI code and give him credit. I am working on one myself but I have very little PHP skills so its taking me forever. I keep forgetting all the php functions in between opportunities to code :-)

And yes, Blesta seems to be the best way to go and I'm anxiously awaiting its release.

Thanks for listening!

Offline tallship

• Active Participant
  • Manager Network Services
    • Skype - tallship
    • Business Internet and Telephony since 1985.
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2013, 08:10:05 AM »
A good place to look for an open source coding example of the Xenserver api is the excellent XVP, a php web based manager for Xenserver written by Colin Dean. You can get working code examples at http://www.xvpsource.org.

Hey that's pretty kewl :) Totally excellent, in fact! Thanks for that @webguyz!

Although you can't readily tell from xenserver.org, or perhaps more specifically, http://community.citrix.com/display/xs/XenCenter and http://community.citrix.com/display/xs/XenCenter - which seems to indicate that you can get it for a good deal for 200 bucks, version 6.2 of XenCenter is actually available under a BSD license at github here:  https://github.com/tallship/xenadmin

There's also these projects. Looks like a groundswell of options coming quite soon if you ask me :)

https://sourceforge.net/projects/openxenmanager/

https://sourceforge.net/projects/xenwebmanager/

There's an excellent official article by Rachel Berry HERE about too.

And yes, Blesta seems to be the best way to go and I'm anxiously awaiting its release.

Yeah, lol, it's looks like in some regards, these forums are starting to morph into "the Blesta Forums".

Perhaps we need to really consider launching a Blesta board, and maybe a couple of others too here soon at HostBillForums.com. After all, they are hostbill[ing] software
Bradley D. Thornton - Manager Network Services, NorthTech Computer   TEL: +1.310.388.9469 (US) | +44.203.318.2755 (UK) | +61.390.088.072 (AU) | +41.43.508.05.10 (CH)
Registered Linux User #190795 - "Ask Bill why the string in [MS-DOS] function 9 is terminated by a dollar sign. Ask him, because he can't answer. Only I know that." - Dr. Gary Kildall.

Offline thetrusteeco

• Active Participant
    • The Trustee Co.
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2013, 11:50:46 PM »
Hello ModulesGarden,

I am glad that you will be making modules for Blesta.  I know the poll is on their website, but am posting a reply here, because it includes an idea for a new module.

1) DNS Manager - I would like to see the Rage4DNS interface improved from the WHMCS module - last time I tested it it was very basic for Rage4, but very good for the other options.
2) Advanced Reseller - You previously claimed this was under development. 
3) Resellers
4) A CoCCA or FRED module (I see this as a bridge, not an integration.  The registry software would still need to run on a separate server.  This would simply allow the Blesta/HB/WHMCS system to register domains on it.).
5) DirectAdmin Extended

"No man really becomes a fool until he stops asking questions"
Charles Proteus Steinmetz

Offline Enterprisevpssolutions

• Community Managers
  • Active Participant
    • Skype - enterprisevpssolutions
    • Enterprise Vps Solutions
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2013, 05:17:16 AM »
I think we need to get something for proxmox 3 a nice module that will allow the SPICE protocol (remote display system for virtualized desktops), whici is already available via pvetest. in the client portal.
Enterprise Vps Solutions (VPS) - Cloud Solutions, Shared hosting, VPS , and more, Fast Dedicated Servers. Great ssl prices SSL Certs, Follow us on Twitter. Sales Question? Contact us! Send us a Request Tampa , Florida Hivelocity Datacenter

Offline iso99

• Active Participant
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2013, 02:09:37 AM »
Please do an advanced DNS manager than WHMCS's basic manager, and which is more or less likely similar to HB's.
Then if you can re-create HB's custom tasks, that would be great too.

Offline davemarks

« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2013, 02:37:47 AM »
Onapp product suite is a must! That and PowerDNS.

Offline ModulesGarden

• Skype - modulesgarden
    • ModulesGarden
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2013, 02:38:36 PM »
Thank you for all the suggestions! First we are going to create a cPanel Extended For Blesta, then we shall see, what's going to be next.
We take every suggestion into account.
We still have in our plans to develope an Advanced Reseller but currently we are overloaded with work so I can't give you more details, at least for now.