Author Topic: No More unBranded Hostbill  (Read 1510 times)

Offline UCG_Keith

• Active Participant
    • Secure - Compliant Cloud Host & Data Center
No More unBranded Hostbill
« on: July 19, 2013, 07:18:33 AM »
Well Hell!  My Team migrated our HB install to a new server and now there is HB branding all over the place.  Anyone else having an issue with this?

When we checked the licensing on HB site, we notice that they are still showing the old server IP.  Keep in mind that we migrated the same dedicated IP over to the new box.

Anyone have any thoughts.

Cheers
Keith

Offline Lawrence

• Community Manager
  • Active Participant
    • Lawrence Wright
Re: No More unBranded Hostbill
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2013, 07:42:49 AM »
Shoot, that stinks.
Skype: sociallarry | AIM: larry.aim@aim.com | Forum Rules & Information

These forums are hosted by me with no intentions to ever monetize them. These forums are here solely for the benfit of the HostBill community.

Offline Lawrence

• Community Manager
  • Active Participant
    • Lawrence Wright
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2013, 08:01:49 AM »
It's just a thought, but maybe HostBill is using the "Branded" license as a template on the licensing servers to replace the "Unbranded" license with the "Enterprise License"? If that's the case, then that would explain it. Kris has effectively knocked us all down to the lowest level license and I presume much like the "Branded" license, our current license will be deleted and replaced with just one license (The Enterprise License) like it's been before with the "Unbranded" license @ $599.
Skype: sociallarry | AIM: larry.aim@aim.com | Forum Rules & Information

These forums are hosted by me with no intentions to ever monetize them. These forums are here solely for the benfit of the HostBill community.

Offline tallship

• Active Participant
  • Manager Network Services
    • Skype - tallship
    • Business Internet and Telephony since 1985.
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2013, 12:47:07 PM »
I bought a lifetime, owned, unbranded license. After I did that I was awarded free upgrade support for life instead of annual renewal.

Really bad sh1t will happen if ANY sort of kbkp branding appears in my front end.
Bradley D. Thornton - Manager Network Services, NorthTech Computer   TEL: +1.310.388.9469 (US) | +44.203.318.2755 (UK) | +61.390.088.072 (AU) | +41.43.508.05.10 (CH)
Registered Linux User #190795 - "Ask Bill why the string in [MS-DOS] function 9 is terminated by a dollar sign. Ask him, because he can't answer. Only I know that." - Dr. Gary Kildall.

Offline UCG_Keith

• Active Participant
    • Secure - Compliant Cloud Host & Data Center
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2013, 03:10:12 PM »
Here is an update on the issue fellas.  Thankfully this was a server migration that we had to do which we knew it was going to cause downtime so our clients were not able to utilize the Client Portal from a public IP. 

We duplicated the vm as the other; migrated the original IP (briefly changed the HB dedicated IP) from the old vm to the new vm; migrated the account and restored.  For about 3 hours after the migration is when the staff seen the HB tag all over the Client Portal; at the same time they discovered that HB licensing server was seeing the old server IP.

We are having a strange issue with the site since the move whereas the Client Portal is functioning properly the Admin Portal is giving a blank page without errors.  We initially thought it might be related to the licensing issue but now that the license ip is correct, we have ruled it out.

Our staff opened a licensing ticket with HB and had an actual response by Kris within 4 hours; they responded to Kris' reply and inquired to the cause of the branding appearing during the license failure.  We are waiting for a response from Kris as to this question (issue).

Our theory is when the HB licensing server received a mismatched IP (what is entered in the HB portal) and what is actually seen by the HB server; the code automatically restores the HB branding to the site. I hope this is not the case.

Cheers!
Keith

Offline Patrick

• Active Participant
  • HBF Volunteer
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2013, 03:10:22 PM »
No branding on my side but if it appears i'll blow a gasket
Patrick - Forum Rules
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein