Poll

Should KBKP Fix the Bugs in HostBill?

Yes, before any further Apps are built
16 (80%)
Yes, whenever they get to it.  Bugs aren't so important.
1 (5%)
Yes, but each bug fix should be sold as an App for $200
2 (10%)
No, why would they do that?
0 (0%)
I don't care about bugs.
0 (0%)
There are bugs?
1 (5%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Author Topic: I've got two hundred + feature requests for HostBill! Fix Your Bugs FIRST!!!!!  (Read 2198 times)

Offline tallship

• Active Participant
  • Manager Network Services
    • Skype - tallship
    • Business Internet and Telephony since 1985.
Edit: It should be noted that, at the time of posting, the so-called bugtraker was only one (1) month old.
This is just the list of bugs - many of them critical, that are going unanswered and neglected.....

The list just gets longer and longer and longer... And there are hundreds of them, too!

While new fakeware modules that often don't work are released every week LOL! What an A.ss.Hat!

« Last Edit: June 26, 2013, 08:32:09 AM by tallship »
Bradley D. Thornton - Manager Network Services, NorthTech Computer   TEL: +1.310.388.9469 (US) | +44.203.318.2755 (UK) | +61.390.088.072 (AU) | +41.43.508.05.10 (CH)
Registered Linux User #190795 - "Ask Bill why the string in [MS-DOS] function 9 is terminated by a dollar sign. Ask him, because he can't answer. Only I know that." - Dr. Gary Kildall.

Offline tallship

• Active Participant
    • Skype - tallship
Fix your bugs first!!!!!

Before selling any new modules that don't work - OKAY? ???

It's called "FAKEWARE", and kbkp, is the undisputed the king of it!

FAKEWARE!
By the way, I put the list of the most critical bugs at the bottom of the list, because those are the ones that seem to be neglected the most, and the longest running bugs too, in general.

And now... We bring you our feature presentation - the list of bugs voted up as the most critical to fix - the one's that have, generally speaking, been left the longest without being attended to, the ones.... "Oh, golly gee willickers Seargent Carter..."
Surprise, Surprise, Surprise!
Fakeware! A kbkp family tradition for generations :)

« Last Edit: June 25, 2013, 02:13:47 PM by tallship »
Bradley D. Thornton - Manager Network Services, NorthTech Computer   TEL: +1.310.388.9469 (US) | +44.203.318.2755 (UK) | +61.390.088.072 (AU) | +41.43.508.05.10 (CH)
Registered Linux User #190795 - "Ask Bill why the string in [MS-DOS] function 9 is terminated by a dollar sign. Ask him, because he can't answer. Only I know that." - Dr. Gary Kildall.

Offline Lawrence

• Community Manager
  • Active Participant
    • Lawrence Wright
Just an FYI, Liberty Reserve bug is void now. :)

And daaaaaarn that's a huge list.
Skype: sociallarry | AIM: larry.aim@aim.com | Forum Rules & Information

These forums are hosted by me with no intentions to ever monetize them. These forums are here solely for the benfit of the HostBill community.

Offline iso99

• Active Participant
ooh I haven't visited their bugtracker yet and as far as I know, none of my submitted bugs got fixed lol

Offline thetrusteeco

• Active Participant
    • The Trustee Co.
Hey TallShip, you forgot to add a Poll.  I added one for you with a lot of great options.
"No man really becomes a fool until he stops asking questions"
Charles Proteus Steinmetz

Offline tallship

• Active Participant
    • Skype - tallship
I don't understand. How come I'm the only one who thinks that the bug fixes should be sold as apps for $200?

Offline thetrusteeco

• Active Participant
    • The Trustee Co.
I don't understand. How come I'm the only one who thinks that the bug fixes should be sold as apps for $200?

Hmmm... time for an intervention.  Have you heard of Narcotics Anonymous?
 ;D
"No man really becomes a fool until he stops asking questions"
Charles Proteus Steinmetz

Offline UCG_Keith

• Active Participant
    • Secure - Compliant Cloud Host & Data Center
Wow that is a HUGE list.

Offline CBlade

• Active Participant
  • One man company
This HUGE list is what you reported or global?

Offline Lawrence

• Community Manager
  • Active Participant
    • Lawrence Wright

Might be too cheap.
Skype: sociallarry | AIM: larry.aim@aim.com | Forum Rules & Information

These forums are hosted by me with no intentions to ever monetize them. These forums are here solely for the benfit of the HostBill community.

Offline Enterprisevpssolutions

• Community Managers
  • Active Participant
    • Skype - enterprisevpssolutions
    • Enterprise Vps Solutions
Might be too cheap.
I would believe its a global list, as stated I doubt the list is completed as many people don't report bugs and the ones that do are having a hard time trying to get ahold of anyone.
Enterprise Vps Solutions (VPS) - Cloud Solutions, Shared hosting, VPS , and more, Fast Dedicated Servers. Great ssl prices SSL Certs, Follow us on Twitter. Sales Question? Contact us! Send us a Request Tampa , Florida Hivelocity Datacenter

Offline UCG_Keith

• Active Participant
As much as I love HB, and this "tracking" feature that they have created as a "feel-good" solution.  It appears that it does not matter how many "likes" or "votes" that are issued.  Kris seems to refuse to fix them.

My theory is that he creates these quick modules without skill and has no idea how to fix any bugs that arises.  Which brings me to the question about security and compliance.  Is there any of these bugs that would constitute a vulnerability?  If so, we need to serious address these bugs as a critical issue and demand resolution (but I am not going to pay $75 to tell him that).  The alternative is to contact the Merchant Provider he uses and file a vulnerability alert with them.

The problem that I see with this solution is we have no documentation of the code that may be exploitable.  It may also open a "can of worms" that maybe more of a headache for all of us.

I am thinking out loud with very little sleep for the week but want to get others opinions.  We are running real-time vuln scans and seem to resolve all current issues around this application. But I don't want to be caught with my shorts down.

Offline enddo

• Active Participant
    • Skype - yenicedo
  If so, we need to serious address these bugs as a critical issue and demand resolution (but I am not going to pay $75 to tell him that).  The alternative is to contact the Merchant Provider he uses and file a vulnerability alert with them.

The problem that I see with this solution is we have no documentation of the code that may be exploitable.  It may also open a "can of worms" that maybe more of a headache for all of us.

I am thinking out loud with very little sleep for the week but want to get others opinions.  We are running real-time vuln scans and seem to resolve all current issues around this application. But I don't want to be caught with my shorts down.

So in your test did you find any vulnarabilities so far?

Offline UCG_Keith

• Active Participant
We have some warnings that arises, but nothing that would be a failing scan. 

The auto updater has to be turned off to get a passing scan; I think this is do to the way he checks for version changes. The issues we have resolved is closing off ports.  We also watch the packets information that are sent back to his license server as this is a concern of ours; simply, what information is being sent, how much and is there any client data going up.

Offline Fusionhost

• Active Participant
    • Fusionhost
Have any of the important bugs been fixed?
fusionhost - www.fusionhost.co.uk
Leading student web host provider utilising SSD cloud platforms