Author Topic: [Quick Fix] Fix first step on cart and how it's displayed. Highly recommended  (Read 1389 times)

Offline Patrick

• Active Participant
  • HBF Volunteer
One of the things that have driven me nuts was the global " label " rule set in CSS that kris setup. 
I've created a workaround for this one situation that will fix the first step on your checkout page and look far more professional to your customers.  This will require about 2 minutes of your time

I've labeled the photos by "Original" and "Modified"  Original is how it looks out of the box.  Modified is what my change does for your site.

Now how to do it.

Code: [Select]
style="display:inline-block !important"
You will want to add that short code in to cart1.tpl under the orderpages folder on lines 69, 79 & 89.  I will paste the full line displayed on each of these lines in the file cart1.tpl

On line 69, 79 & 89 this is how the modified code should now look:
Code: [Select]
<label style="display:inline-block !important" for="illregister_input">{$business_name|string_format:$lang.iwantregister}</label>
« Last Edit: May 15, 2013, 02:54:44 AM by Lawrence »
Patrick - Forum Rules
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

Offline Lawrence

• Community Manager
  • Active Participant
    • Lawrence Wright
Another fix that worked like a charm!
Skype: sociallarry | AIM: larry.aim@aim.com | Forum Rules & Information

These forums are hosted by me with no intentions to ever monetize them. These forums are here solely for the benfit of the HostBill community.

Offline tallship

• Active Participant
  • Manager Network Services
    • Skype - tallship
    • Business Internet and Telephony since 1985.
+1 2x here Patrick!

Thanks!
Bradley D. Thornton - Manager Network Services, NorthTech Computer   TEL: +1.310.388.9469 (US) | +44.203.318.2755 (UK) | +61.390.088.072 (AU) | +41.43.508.05.10 (CH)
Registered Linux User #190795 - "Ask Bill why the string in [MS-DOS] function 9 is terminated by a dollar sign. Ask him, because he can't answer. Only I know that." - Dr. Gary Kildall.

Offline Patrick

• Active Participant
  • HBF Volunteer
Very welcome.  This one specifically was driving me nuts from about 6-10 updates ago or so.  I dealt with it over time but i felt it really looked unprofessional and "broken" so a quick fix had to be made and only fair to share it.  Any time i come up with a quick fix i'll post it on here.  It'll usually only be caught by myself or someone on my team on the order pages or client area we use, so we won't end up catching all of them.
Patrick - Forum Rules
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

Offline Paul

• Active Participant
My mild OCD thanks you  ;)

Offline Patrick

• Active Participant
  • HBF Volunteer
My mild OCD thanks you  ;)

LOL, my mild OCD is what drove me to fix it.  Drove me nuts for a long time.  I'd suggest it to Kris for future updates since i don't know if he knows how to fix it but i doubt they'll implement it.  At least it's a simple change every update.
Patrick - Forum Rules