Author Topic: Forums are dead, is Hostbill dead too?  (Read 1419 times)

Offline chris-187

Forums are dead, is Hostbill dead too?
« on: December 18, 2017, 11:55:07 AM »
I'm sniffing around again because I'm fed up with WHMCS and looking for alternatives, This forum is like a deserted wild west town with tumbleweeds floating by. Does that mean Hostbill is much improved and nobody has anything to complain about? Or does it mean everyone here has given up Hostbill and no longer uses it?

The order forms look so enticing and from their website, Hostbill looks like a great alternative to WHMCS, but I've seen so much of the discussion over the last few years and how much people have lost faith in this product.

Is it worth a try, or should I stay well away?

According to this page...

https://hostbillapp.com/customers/

At least 21 companies use Hostbill and think its great - but on further inspection it seems a few of them are now using WHMCS.

Have I just answered my own question?

Offline d4f

• Community Managers
  • Active Participant
Re: Forums are dead, is Hostbill dead too?
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2017, 04:30:27 AM »
Does that mean Hostbill is much improved and nobody has anything to complain about
Yes... and no. It has come a long way and is way more stable, reliable and powerful than it used to be but the forums are also quiet because most users that remain have developers and do not need assitance.

This forum is like a deserted wild west town with tumbleweeds floating by.
One of the reasons it is so quiet is that notifications seem broken - most people don't notice when their topic has been replied to.

At least 21 companies use Hostbill and think its great
I think most companies that actually use Hostbill are not listed. My employer is not listed and I know that one of the major cPanel license resellers (buycPanel) uses them too - and they aren't listed either =)

Is it worth a try, or should I stay well away?
Depends on what your needs are. If you elaborate on which features you need exactly, I could probably give you a better reply. We came to Hostbill in  2013 from the now-defunct AWBS billing system and WHMCS simply did not work out for us even during testing phase.
I often wish I could change but NO billing system is perfect. What I wish more would be to have access to source code to add my own features or fix problems but none offer that much flexibility....

Offline Lawrence

• Community Manager
  • Active Participant
    • Lawrence Wright
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2018, 12:58:02 AM »
One of the reasons it is so quiet is that notifications seem broken - most people don't notice when their topic has been replied to.

Working on this.
Skype: sociallarry | AIM: larry.aim@aim.com | Forum Rules & Information

These forums are hosted by me with no intentions to ever monetize them. These forums are here solely for the benfit of the HostBill community.

Offline Lawrence

• Community Manager
  • Active Participant
    • Lawrence Wright
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2018, 12:59:18 AM »

These forums are hosted by me with no intentions to ever monetize them. These forums are here solely for the benfit of the HostBill community.

Offline BRJP

• Community Managers
  • Active Participant
    • SaneChoice Limited
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2018, 07:27:29 AM »
Kind regards,
Bradley Porter
--------------------
Find out more about SaneChoice Services at: https://www.sanechoice.com/

Offline Lawrence

• Community Manager
  • Active Participant
    • Lawrence Wright
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2018, 07:44:46 AM »
Thank you!

No, thank YOU for reporting it! :)

Offline BRJP

• Community Managers
  • Active Participant
    • SaneChoice Limited
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2018, 10:24:19 AM »
I'm sniffing around again because I'm fed up with WHMCS and looking for alternatives.

Interested to hear your challenges with WHMCS.  What has caused you to lose confidence in them?
Kind regards,
Bradley Porter
--------------------
Find out more about SaneChoice Services at: https://www.sanechoice.com/