Author Topic: Which browser do you use?  (Read 2770 times)

Offline nibb

• Active Participant
Which browser do you use?
« on: June 08, 2013, 01:34:34 PM »
Which is your prefered browser?

Offline tallship

• Active Participant
  • Manager Network Services
    • Skype - tallship
    • Business Internet and Telephony since 1985.
Re: Which browser do you use?
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2013, 08:12:29 PM »
icecat
Bradley D. Thornton - Manager Network Services, NorthTech Computer   TEL: +1.310.388.9469 (US) | +44.203.318.2755 (UK) | +61.390.088.072 (AU) | +41.43.508.05.10 (CH)
Registered Linux User #190795 - "Ask Bill why the string in [MS-DOS] function 9 is terminated by a dollar sign. Ask him, because he can't answer. Only I know that." - Dr. Gary Kildall.

Offline Danny

• Active Participant
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2013, 08:36:19 PM »
Firefox ;-)
regards
Danny

Offline Enterprisevpssolutions

• Community Managers
  • Active Participant
    • Skype - enterprisevpssolutions
    • Enterprise Vps Solutions
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2013, 11:02:56 PM »
Working in a Hosting Env and a Tech Env I use IE firefox and chrome  ;D
Enterprise Vps Solutions (VPS) - Cloud Solutions, Shared hosting, VPS , and more, Fast Dedicated Servers. Great ssl prices SSL Certs, Follow us on Twitter. Sales Question? Contact us! Send us a Request Tampa , Florida Hivelocity Datacenter

Offline Lawrence

• Community Manager
  • Active Participant
    • Lawrence Wright
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2013, 02:49:18 AM »
I use all of them.

- Firefox for synchronization between multiple PCs. (Windows and various flavors of Linux)
- Chrome for benchmarking, web development, testing and website optimization. (Many will disagree, but Chrome is by far the best in this field)
- Internet Explorer for various stupid reasons, including compatibility testing for older PCs.

Other than that, I love Avant browser for personal use. It's just an AWESOME browser and has by far the lowest resource use on any PC, and very feature rich. :)
Skype: sociallarry | AIM: larry.aim@aim.com | Forum Rules & Information

These forums are hosted by me with no intentions to ever monetize them. These forums are here solely for the benfit of the HostBill community.

Offline tallship

• Active Participant
    • Skype - tallship
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2013, 01:05:05 PM »
Which browser do you use Nibb?

Oh wait! I don't think you can answer - it says you're muted LOL!

This is kinda like talking about someone behind their back when they're in the same room. This is fun!
Bradley D. Thornton - Manager Network Services, NorthTech Computer   TEL: +1.310.388.9469 (US) | +44.203.318.2755 (UK) | +61.390.088.072 (AU) | +41.43.508.05.10 (CH)
Registered Linux User #190795 - "Ask Bill why the string in [MS-DOS] function 9 is terminated by a dollar sign. Ask him, because he can't answer. Only I know that." - Dr. Gary Kildall.

Offline thetrusteeco

• Active Participant
    • The Trustee Co.
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2013, 02:05:14 AM »
Mainly FireFox and Chrome.  I also use Opera, Safari, and IE for testing, although I finally decided about a year ago that I don't care about customers using IE, much like my decision 5 years ago to not care about text-browser customers.

One of my programers wanted to put in a M$ Tax for IE-using customers, and although I love the idea, I didn't want to take my GFYM$ attitude that far. If IE customers think my websites look crap, because their browsers are Non-Standards-Compliant, so be it, but I didn't want to actually tell them to bugger off.
"No man really becomes a fool until he stops asking questions"
Charles Proteus Steinmetz

Offline Patrick

• Active Participant
  • HBF Volunteer
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2013, 02:21:06 AM »
Mainly FireFox and Chrome.  I also use Opera, Safari, and IE for testing, although I finally decided about a year ago that I don't care about customers using IE, much like my decision 5 years ago to not care about text-browser customers.

One of my programers wanted to put in a M$ Tax for IE-using customers, and although I love the idea, I didn't want to take my GFYM$ attitude that far. If IE customers think my websites look crap, because their browsers are Non-Standards-Compliant, so be it, but I didn't want to actually tell them to bugger off.

LMAO!! 'GFYM$'  Awesome acronym

Which browser do you use Nibb?

Oh wait! I don't think you can answer - it says you're muted LOL!

This is kinda like talking about someone behind their back when they're in the same room. This is fun!

Lol, that's why it's unfortunate for others to see he's muted.  It is like talking behind his back and he can't say a word unless he VPN's in under a different username.
That said, i use Chrome and IE10 (WAIT! don't shoot me yet) IE only for my IP cameras.  Need ActiveX for those.
Patrick - Forum Rules
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

Offline thetrusteeco

• Active Participant
    • The Trustee Co.
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2013, 03:13:44 AM »
Ironically, I wrote GFYM$ on a Windows computer ... I'm  big fat phony!  But I wasn't using IE!
"No man really becomes a fool until he stops asking questions"
Charles Proteus Steinmetz

Offline colesraymond

« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2013, 06:40:12 AM »
Hello Friend.....

Here i am sharing best graph for web browser

Offline Patrick

• Active Participant
  • HBF Volunteer
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2013, 10:33:15 AM »
Chrome will soon take it massively, especially with how the app store is turning out and people start realizing you can play FPS in a browser and then some
Patrick - Forum Rules
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

Offline maxim

• Active Participant
  • Version: latest
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2013, 10:48:42 AM »
I use chrome becouse i'm using it from long time. But in other systems I prefer Firefox.
Never more IE, but i must use it sometimes for testing...

Offline tallship

• Active Participant
    • Skype - tallship
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2013, 02:45:27 PM »
I love that graphic - it's a wonderful thing when you know mACR0sf0t has fecal matter all over their face!

Yeah Lawrence, I'm w/Patrick on that acronym. I just love that GFYM$

But I'm doing this on a Slackware64 -current box running XFCE at the moment, but also powered with KDE and Mate desktops, and (Not counting the VMs available to me by firing up VirtualBox) although I haven't used the *other* OS for a while, this laptop is a dual boot machine - the *other* OS being Solaris 10 ;)

Let's see now... hm... FF and Chrome (and even Opera) blowing GFYM$ Exploder out of the water. Linux is the number one personal computing OS on the planet, bar none, and by extremely overwhelming numbers, with Apple in second place, followed distantly by Blackberry, and then GFYM$. And finally, Apache has over 52% of the server market, shadowed by NGINX, and others, with GFYM$  IIS somewhere around 13%.

From what I've been seeing, the Indian and Pakistani offshore development markets are starving - they've educated an entire generation of people on .NET, none of the developers I've come across can use a shell, and are lost if WinSCP won't do it for them, they're starving because no one wants to use that crap technology - let alone subscribe to that Evil EllisonCo and GFYM$ Philosophy - oh... except for maybe that one lone bonehead, kbkp LOL!

Offline nibb

• Active Participant
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2013, 10:17:34 PM »
I actually use Opera now, since they switched to the Blink engine, and even when I liked Opera for years, Presto had problems with most websites.

Now all of them work perfectly just like Chrome, and they actually alway have a newer version of the engine, its still lacking allot of features like bookmarks but everything that was in the old Opera is coming eventually.

Tallship:

No, I'm not Kris or affiliated to Hostbill in anyway. Not sure why you thought that.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2013, 10:21:33 PM by nibb »

Offline tallship

• Active Participant
    • Skype - tallship
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2013, 09:59:49 PM »
Tallship:

No, I'm not Kris or affiliated to Hostbill in anyway. Not sure why you thought that.

Apologies Nibb, there were just times when you seemed to be defensive of some of kbkp's practices, and now I figure you just want to believe that they'll eventually do the right thing - something we all want to believe, while most of us still don't believe he's doing right by any of us.

Again, it's good to see you back :) you've always had good technical input and suggestions for people and you're indeed a valued member of this community - so don't go disappearing again okay? ;)