Author Topic: [Free] Google Chrome extension for Hostbill livechat  (Read 588 times)

Offline d4f

• Community Managers
  • Active Participant
[Free] Google Chrome extension for Hostbill livechat
« on: January 27, 2017, 07:55:03 AM »
I consider LiveChat to be somewhat lacking in administrator features as, despite it's audio-notification, it won't actually push a desktop notification to the browser and it will stay "online" for as long as the window is open despite the staff user actually having been on holidays for days...

Attached is a small extension for Google Chrome a trainee has been developing for our installation and I'm happy to share it with you. Since it does not actually modify or extend Hostbill and simply injects some Javascript in the page much like many other Chrome extensions work, I don't think using it violates the Hostbill tac for post-2013 installations.

The extension fulfils two goals
a) it reacts to new chat requests and chat messages by showing a native desktop popup with the corresponding information.
b) it switches the chat window to "away mode" when the staff member is away from his computer for longer than a predefined number of seconds. "away from computer" also considers usage of other applications as being active, in contrast to pure-javascript implementations and is the main reason for this being an extension and not a simple javascript file/bookmarklet. Please see Readme.txt on how to change the "away from computer" time.

Note that the extension is rather rudimentary without graphical configuration or Chrome-Webstore updates. The goal was a simple, internal application. I'd be  happy for any suggestions or modifications, however please note that I cannot support this extension.

Installation instructions: please unzip the file and read readme.txt.

Offline khairilgunawan

• Active Participant
    • Skype - khairilgunawan
    • Indoworx
Re: [Free] Google Chrome extension for Hostbill livechat
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2017, 10:51:08 AM »
Thanks for sharing!
I will try it :D