Author Topic: Trying to buy a hostbill license  (Read 1077 times)

Offline alfons

Trying to buy a hostbill license
« on: June 01, 2015, 10:33:14 AM »
Hello,

I'm trying to buy a hostbill edition 10 license. I was in contact last week with someone called Kris regarding the payment conditions and other things. Last Friday morning I made the order and sent sales@ (Kris) an Email asking something so we can make the payment and download the software. I left also a voicemail on their office phone then. Today I sent mails but no one is answering, the phone goes "we can not pick the phone right now" already the whole day.

Can someone offer me a hint, how to proceed from here? Are there other phone numbers or sales mail addresses available to contact them? I'd like to be a customer from hostbill.... what now?

Thank you for anything helpful.

Please no rants or so, my motivation is to get a hostbill license, nothing else.

Thanks a ton in advance.

Best Regards,

Alfons

Offline BRJP

• Community Managers
  • Active Participant
    • SaneChoice Limited
Re: Trying to buy a hostbill license
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2015, 11:50:54 AM »
Hi Alfons,

Sorry to hear you are having trouble.

Before I respond, just to be clear, I assume you have made payment and received a payment (PayPal) receipt?

Brad
Kind regards,
Bradley Porter
--------------------
Find out more about SaneChoice Services at: https://www.sanechoice.com/

Offline alfons

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2015, 04:27:38 AM »
This is no rant, but a very disappointing experience. After 5 days (weekend included, so 3 working days) our invoice settings have not been changed to the agreed content so we can not pay the bill, nor getting a license. My project is since then on hold, as the Infrastructure is ready...

I have seen many little and big companies offering not a so perfect after-sale service, but this never really bothered me as it's usually not because people do not want to work, but because the way the business model has been defined (different values to different parts of the service life cycle), the post-sale support is not built with the necessary ressources for a perfect after-sale support experience.

But a not so good pre-sales support is something I have rarely seen, as the building block of the business model of a commercially oriented company usually defined a functioning sales process, as it needs income, it needs cash to pay its own bills/employees. So I do not really understand now how KBKP functions, or what other business principles they have. It's possible that the end-user business part of KBKP (hostbillapp.com) is the more little revenue part, and they have another division which does software for bigger companies or enterprises/custom work.

Nevertheless, I really hope they will soon take care of us so we can be part of their revenues. I remember in 2010/11 we bought hostbill for $299, and spend around $300 additionally for some custom work they did for us, which they did very well by the way, fast and stable work, and contributed then (a bit) to their growth.

Keeping finger crossed for today... .

Cheers to all,

Alfons

Offline hbillclient

• Active Participant
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2015, 11:02:11 AM »
Hi Alfons,

I can understand your frustration. I remember purchasing my HB license and was so excited with the possibilities that the software had, to really scale new heights and the value it would add to the business of its clients. Although as a software it has grown with a huge number of modules, plugins and other features put in place at regular intervals, it's  drawbacks in terms of completness, lack of support and naive management has really dragged it from reaching it's true potential.

If Kris can eradicate it's drawbacks and add some solid technical & customer support along with the right management skills & policies, no one can really argue that we got probably the best software of its kind in the market, right now.

Anyhow, I really hope all the luck for your license and your project. Cheers.

Thanks.

Offline alfons

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2015, 06:26:51 AM »
Anyhow, I really hope all the luck for your license and your project. Cheers.

Hello hbillclient,

As for contacting them, I did so per ticket and mails around a dozen times since last Friday, but they keep ignoring us. I talked to them twice on the phone and they said they're going to fix the invoice, but never did anything until now.

It's a very frustrating experience we're doing right now as it sets our project on an almost full standstill.

I'm missing my understanding to this situation, in my eyes it doesn't adhere to any sustainable customer relation treatment. Right now I really feel like on a different planet.

Regards,

Alfons

Offline alfons

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2015, 08:26:00 AM »
Dear all,

I just received confirmation from a working colleague that the invoice has been fixed now from Hostbillapp.com. We can move on... .

Thanks everybody for their help and sympathy, and Kris for his continual commitment serving this branch with usefull tools.

Best Regards,

Alfons

Offline BRJP

• Community Managers
  • Active Participant
    • SaneChoice Limited
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2015, 01:38:16 PM »
I just received confirmation from a working colleague that the invoice has been fixed now from Hostbillapp.com. We can move on

Great news and we will be here when you need us.
Kind regards,
Bradley Porter
--------------------
Find out more about SaneChoice Services at: https://www.sanechoice.com/