Author Topic: Forum Moderator Applications  (Read 1192 times)

Offline Lawrence

• Community Manager
  • Active Participant
    • Lawrence Wright
Forum Moderator Applications
« on: November 25, 2014, 06:27:06 AM »
Hello everyone,

As you know, I'm not available 24/7/365 to maintain the forums. We all have businesses to run, and for that reason, I'm asking for assistance with moderating the forums. There're some guidelines that must be followed, and requirements to apply. Here're the details.

• You must be a member for no less than 3 months to apply.
  • You must have a post count of 50 or more. A majority of them should be help posts where you're assisting members.
  • You must have an active website with HostBill installed and in operation.
  • Your primary language should be English, but can be a secondary language if your grammar is proper.

If any one of the requirements are not met, please do not apply. This forum is a serious HostBill community, and not a place to shine and gain reputation. Yes, you will get the perks of the Moderator title assigned to your name, but just note that these forums are here to help people, not to be abused for personal gain. I make no monetary gains from hosting these forums, and you shouldn't gain anything more than a "Thanks" for being a moderator.

Passive Perks - Stuff that comes to everyone anyway.

• People are inclined to read up more about you because of your status. This is organic exposure to your website.
  • You are still a member, you just have the Moderator title. Your signature can be whatever you want. Links are do-follow.
  • Being a moderator, you will gain a level of respect from your peers.
  • You will have the opportunity to really help businesses get the answers they need.
  • You will be doing a favor for over 200 registered businesses, and over 500 non-registered visitors.

Just reply to this thread that you are interested, and I will build a list. Only one reply per interested individual. It's not a democracy, I will be picking people based on their contributions to the community and their activity / involvement.

Thanks.
Skype: sociallarry | AIM: larry.aim@aim.com | Forum Rules & Information

These forums are hosted by me with no intentions to ever monetize them. These forums are here solely for the benfit of the HostBill community.

Offline Enterprisevpssolutions

• Community Managers
  • Active Participant
    • Skype - enterprisevpssolutions
    • Enterprise Vps Solutions
Re: Forum Moderator Applications
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2014, 08:48:00 AM »
You know Im here if you want more help.
Enterprise Vps Solutions (VPS) - Cloud Solutions, Shared hosting, VPS , and more, Fast Dedicated Servers. Great ssl prices SSL Certs, Follow us on Twitter. Sales Question? Contact us! Send us a Request Tampa , Florida Hivelocity Datacenter

Offline Lawrence

• Community Manager
  • Active Participant
    • Lawrence Wright
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2014, 09:28:31 AM »
You know Im here if you want more help.

No need to reply, but you're approved. You were already a board moderator. Thanks Enterprise for your help!

You can moderate posts and issue warnings. I'm going to work a safe way for mods to delete accounts as well. I don't ban users, I just purge them from the system if they're a spam bot. We don't get a lot of spam registrations, so it won't be difficult. Accounts that're older than 1 month with 0 posts are usually purged also.

I would like 1-2 more people to step up and offer help if anyone's willing.
Skype: sociallarry | AIM: larry.aim@aim.com | Forum Rules & Information

These forums are hosted by me with no intentions to ever monetize them. These forums are here solely for the benfit of the HostBill community.

Offline SystemN

• Active Participant
    • Skype - sysbitnet
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2014, 06:29:34 AM »
No need to reply, but you're approved. You were already a board moderator. Thanks Enterprise for your help!

You can moderate posts and issue warnings. I'm going to work a safe way for mods to delete accounts as well. I don't ban users, I just purge them from the system if they're a spam bot. We don't get a lot of spam registrations, so it won't be difficult. Accounts that're older than 1 month with 0 posts are usually purged also.

I would like 1-2 more people to step up and offer help if anyone's willing.

You can count on us
If you want something to change your the better, start you thinking about how to do it . . .