Author Topic: Forum Update  (Read 1460 times)

Offline Lawrence

• Community Manager
  • Active Participant
    • Lawrence Wright
Forum Update
« on: November 24, 2014, 04:50:20 PM »
Hello everyone,

I've updated the forums and made a few changes. In addition, I've removed all moderators and board mods for now.

I'm going to be cleaning up a few other areas as well, and then I'll be offering up a position of a global mod for the forums, maybe 2 or 3. Global moderators will have the freedom to fully administer the forum's topics and members.

I'll update everyone soon. Been very busy myself so my apologies on the absence. Business is always pulling me away. The only times I visit the forums is to administer spam registrations and maybe throw in a comment or two, but that should change soon once I get caught up with work.

Interested members for a global moderator role, send me a PM and add me on Skype.

Interested members for a global moderator role, there will be a forum topic posted and you may publicly apply for the role. Not everyone will be considered. Requirements will be in the thread when it's posted.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2014, 06:11:54 AM by Lawrence »
Skype: sociallarry | AIM: larry.aim@aim.com | Forum Rules & Information

These forums are hosted by me with no intentions to ever monetize them. These forums are here solely for the benfit of the HostBill community.

Offline BRJP

• Community Managers
  • Active Participant
    • SaneChoice Limited
Re: Forum Update
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2014, 06:14:08 PM »
I like the new design!

And, when you post it is almost instant!  Great improvement.
Kind regards,
Bradley Porter
--------------------
Find out more about SaneChoice Services at: https://www.sanechoice.com/

Offline Lawrence

• Community Manager
  • Active Participant
    • Lawrence Wright
Re: Forum Update
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2014, 03:48:11 AM »
Thanks BRJP, I'm still working on a lot of other improvements to the forum so I'll keep everyone updated.

The forum is actually getting a fair amount of traffic, I think I have it set to where everyone can view traffic statistics at the bottom of the forums. 1 million page views per year is not too much, but Google is now ranking the forums for #1 spot for most HostBill related keywords, so if HostBill suddenly gets incredibly popular, I may have to consider moving it to one of my empty servers.

Posting is still throttled, but I have plans on fixing that. I will update when it's done.
Skype: sociallarry | AIM: larry.aim@aim.com | Forum Rules & Information

These forums are hosted by me with no intentions to ever monetize them. These forums are here solely for the benfit of the HostBill community.