Author Topic: old hostbill vs current hostbill  (Read 762 times)

Offline georgel

old hostbill vs current hostbill
« on: August 21, 2014, 11:33:14 PM »
Hi

we have bought our hostbill back in 2012 june. and that is before the pricing change and all. at that time support were good.

has the support gotten better now? do i have to purchase the modules since mine is not enterprise.

Offline BRJP

• Community Managers
  • Active Participant
    • SaneChoice Limited
Re: old hostbill vs current hostbill
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2014, 01:48:16 AM »
Hi GeorgeL,

Thats an interesting question which will invite different views from different people.

Our personal experience of HotBill has been positive.  We don't have much issue with the product and support has been good for us.  That being said, we had a good budget and was able to accept charges for support, modules and add-ons.  There are others on the forum who bought the HostBill around your time and got a lot of free support/upgrades.  Since the pricing model changed in mid 2013, this has created some tension. 

Overall, we have had to pay and customise the product but it does do everything (and more) that we need.  I cannot comment on whether the support has got worse/better since 2012 but our paid support has been good and responsive over the past year and we have nothing to complain about.  Sometimes we have said to KBKP that the support ticket was not justified (i.e. just a response answer) and they have refunded/credited the ticket without question.  So we have found them very fair with the usage of paid support - albeit $75/£50 per ticket.

If you want to ask some more specific questions to hone in more then please do - I appreciate the above is a very general response.
Kind regards,
Bradley Porter
--------------------
Find out more about SaneChoice Services at: https://www.sanechoice.com/

Offline bananaboy604

Re: old hostbill vs current hostbill
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2014, 02:00:46 AM »
I have to agree.  If you pay for support ticket, Kris usually responds within a day.  if you want something fixed fast, it's better to pay. 
We also had a developer code a custom billing system for us.  It took a couple of years to complete and by the time it finished, it looked dated.  The developer is no longer available so development has ceased.  For what we're getting with Hostbill with all the automation and themes, I have to agree it is worth it.  There are some bugs but nothing major.