Author Topic: FAQ for customers prior to May 26th, 2013  (Read 2443 times)

Offline Patrick

• Active Participant
  • HBF Volunteer
FAQ for customers prior to May 26th, 2013
« on: May 28, 2013, 10:35:26 PM »
This was taken directly from Hostbillapp.com on their blog.  I'm sharing it here for all to see as it's very important information.  I've decided to unlock this in case anyone wanted to comment on this FAQ.

Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: I purchased license year ago, do I still have access to all orderpages and client themes that came with my HostBill 4.5.8
A: Yes. All orderpages released prior to 4.6.0 are included in download package for customers who purchased HostBill before mentioned release

Q: Will I get new HostBill features/improvements/bug fixes?
A: Yes. All free core features, improvements and bug fixes are released weekly, as before.

Q: Do I have access my HostBill’s API?
A: Yes. Access to API and hooks, template and orderpage modifications is not limited!

Q: I signed up before 4.6.0 release, if I download new version are orderpages that I previously used going to be there?
A: Yes. You have access to what you’ve signed up for.

Q: Can I develop my own extensions or use third party modules?
A: If you’ve signed up before 2013-05-26 (TOS/License update) than YES.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2013, 06:16:10 PM by patrick »
Patrick - Forum Rules
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

Offline Paul

• Active Participant
Re: FAQ for customers prior to May 26th, 2013
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2013, 12:33:43 AM »
Q: Will I get new HostBill features/improvements/bug fixes?
A: Yes. All free core features, improvements and bug fixes are released weekly, as before.

This is still intentionally ambiguous (at best) and reads as such... he's saying all "free" core features still get improvements. So that does not include what is now "paid". So, we'll get "improvements" to the core, but not those orderpages, modules, and plugins that have been parted out for premium sale that we have not previously separately bought. As in, we don't get "improvements" to live chat, order pages, different modules, etc. Still a sham, and he hasn't actually quelled anything, he's just put in writing that he's screwing us.

Offline tallship

• Active Participant
  • Manager Network Services
    • Skype - tallship
    • Business Internet and Telephony since 1985.
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2013, 01:42:43 AM »
VMware 5 module came out somewhere around 4.5.2 or 4.5.4 and was free - I'm entitled to have VMware 5 module for free - You probably are too. So yes, you are being ripped off.
Bradley D. Thornton - Manager Network Services, NorthTech Computer   TEL: +1.310.388.9469 (US) | +44.203.318.2755 (UK) | +61.390.088.072 (AU) | +41.43.508.05.10 (CH)
Registered Linux User #190795 - "Ask Bill why the string in [MS-DOS] function 9 is terminated by a dollar sign. Ask him, because he can't answer. Only I know that." - Dr. Gary Kildall.

Offline Paul

• Active Participant
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2013, 01:45:46 AM »
you better believe I'm entitled to it. I had the ticket open and badgered on the old forums for it, until eventually he said if I supplied a VMWare environment for him, he could "develop" it. So I supplied a dedicated ESXi 5.1 server for 2 weeks while he fiddled around with updating the old module. He released it, broken, then a week later it was a paid version. I was screwed and he used my own generosity to screw me.

Offline Lawrence

• Community Manager
  • Active Participant
    • Lawrence Wright
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2013, 01:55:56 AM »
you better believe I'm entitled to it. I had the ticket open and badgered on the old forums for it, until eventually he said if I supplied a VMWare environment for him, he could "develop" it. So I supplied a dedicated ESXi 5.1 server for 2 weeks while he fiddled around with updating the old module. He released it, broken, then a week later it was a paid version. I was screwed and he used my own generosity to screw me.

At the very least you should be entitled to a lifetime of free updates for that one. Regardless, it is important to honor features previously introduced into HostBill for older clients when they're removed for future clients.
Skype: sociallarry | AIM: larry.aim@aim.com | Forum Rules & Information

These forums are hosted by me with no intentions to ever monetize them. These forums are here solely for the benfit of the HostBill community.

Offline tallship

• Active Participant
  • Manager Network Services
    • Skype - tallship
    • Business Internet and Telephony since 1985.
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2013, 01:57:11 AM »

I just wanted to quote you on that so later generations of people read it twice - that's the kind of despicable person is, who is running kbkp.
Bradley D. Thornton - Manager Network Services, NorthTech Computer   TEL: +1.310.388.9469 (US) | +44.203.318.2755 (UK) | +61.390.088.072 (AU) | +41.43.508.05.10 (CH)
Registered Linux User #190795 - "Ask Bill why the string in [MS-DOS] function 9 is terminated by a dollar sign. Ask him, because he can't answer. Only I know that." - Dr. Gary Kildall.

Offline Patrick

• Active Participant
  • HBF Volunteer
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2013, 12:14:14 PM »
Well considering what sounds like all of us here have the vmware 5 module installed as we speak right this second (i verified mine a moment ago) We don't use vmware yet, but ours is installed, i cannot understand since i now we own that module, how we don't get access to updates for it
Patrick - Forum Rules
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein