Author Topic: Vasicka Software  (Read 4149 times)

Offline thetrusteeco

• Active Participant
    • The Trustee Co.
Vasicka Software
« on: May 20, 2013, 02:21:31 AM »
I thought I'd let everyone know that Vasicka Software offers a couple HostBill modules:

I am not affiliated with Vasicka Software other than as a customer of the Subreg module, which I have had no problems with.

Note: Some may remember Max Samael from the Hostbill forums, this is his company. He is from Ukraine and English is not his first language, so explain things well, and you should have no problems. What I have bought works well.

Bitcoin Infopanel (€11):
Works like the Paypal module, shows Bitcoin info on the homepage.

Mt.Gox & ECB Conversion Rates (€10):
Updates the currency exchange rates for many currencies: EUR to USD, JPY, BGN, CZK, DKK, GBP, HUF, LTL, LVL, PLN, RON, SEK, CHF, NOK, HRK, RUB, TRY, AUD, BRL, CAD, CNY, HKD, IDR, ILS, INR, KRW, MXN, MYR, NZD, PHP, SGD, THB, ZAR.

Subreg.cz Domain Modules - Basic (€30)
This app allows you to resell domains from Subreg.cz (I also recommend them). The Basic app includes the following features: Registration, Transfer, Renew, get NS, update NS, get Contact info, synchronize, credit info, ipv4 and ipv6 support for NS, extra fields supported by Subreg.cz such as SKNIC info.

Subreg.cz Domain Modules - Pro (€40)
The Pro app includes the basic functions plus the following features: get EPP code, update Contact info, update registrar lock, get ID protection, update auto renew, mail EPP code (for some ccTLDs).

Slovak Postal Voucher Type S - (€150)
This app generates full postal voucher type S for the Slovak Postal Service.

ispCP omega connector - Basic (€20)
This app allows you to offer ispCPOmega based hosting.  ispCPOmega is a free alternative panel to cPanel/DirectAdmin/etc. The Basic app includes the following functions: create, suspend, unsuspend, and terminate.

ispCP omega connector - Pro (€33)
This app includes the basic functions plus: change password, change package, extra bandwidth addon, extra disk space, and extra e-mail account addon.

Gtalk Notification Module (FREE)
This app integrates Gtalk with Hostbill so you can support your customers via Gtalk.

OCRB ttf Font (€20)
This is an app that allows you to use OCRB in your hostbill.
"No man really becomes a fool until he stops asking questions"
Charles Proteus Steinmetz

Offline tallship

• Active Participant
  • Manager Network Services
    • Skype - tallship
    • Business Internet and Telephony since 1985.
Re: Vasicka Software
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2013, 03:43:54 AM »
Between this and the ModulesGarden post HERE, I think this is wonderful information!

In the case of this developer, I'm especially interested in the Gtalk module. I also think the BitCoin module is interesting and cute, although many people thumb their nose at BitCoin, even if it is a perfectly valid way to conduct transactions.

I have a multi domain lifetime license for CSLH, and asked ages ago, before there was even a hostbill live chat module, how I could integrate that into HostBill. I've done some tutorials and published them on how to integrate CSLH into Drupal sites, but since that's what my support personnel use for other domains, that's what I want to continue using in HostBill.

Besides, HostBill's Live help system is kind of rickety and the only real advantage is the inherent integration but it just does't scale and I find that CSLH is VERY full featured and over  a decade old with a long track record of stellar support and stability.

In fact, even if there are duplicate modules out there, I suspect I would rather pay 10 or 30 dollars depending, on the third party developers.

I just get the feeling they're way more reliable than kbkp software products are. Especially when it comes to licensing LOL.

In fact, it would be nice to end up replacing the HostBill proper live help anyway.

We need to get these people over here monitoring the activities here!

Great resources @thetrusteeco  8)

Kindest regards,
Bradley D. Thornton - Manager Network Services, NorthTech Computer   TEL: +1.310.388.9469 (US) | +44.203.318.2755 (UK) | +61.390.088.072 (AU) | +41.43.508.05.10 (CH)
Registered Linux User #190795 - "Ask Bill why the string in [MS-DOS] function 9 is terminated by a dollar sign. Ask him, because he can't answer. Only I know that." - Dr. Gary Kildall.

Offline thetrusteeco

• Active Participant
    • The Trustee Co.
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2013, 05:19:51 AM »
Hey tallship,

Glad I wasn't in violation of some rule I didn't notice. I get myself in trouble from time-to-time by posting stuff meant to be helpful. Fortunately the rules here look like nobody is pushing some agenda.

I think we need to show support to these developers.  I've been flogging HB to would-be app-developers, but it's hard for them to get into it when KBKP blocks the forums, and there isn't even a demo!  When we find these guys modding HostBill we have to show some appreciation.

This isn't the Subreg.cz module that is listed on the HostBill site, that is through another company in the Czech Republic I believe, maybe it was Poland.  I did contact them before I found Vasicka, but they had actually stopped offering it at that point.  I got an email a few weeks later that is was available again, but by then I had the Vasicka module.

My point is: that shows the lack of "love" they were getting from the old HostBill "community". I think that is because the HostBill site make it look like the module is included with Hostbill.  I was disappointed that I had to pay for it.  I think the HostBill site is somewhat deceptive in this regard, although it is in the print in the page for the module, it should be in bigger print.

Anyway I would hate these guys to give up on the HostBill community too.
"No man really becomes a fool until he stops asking questions"
Charles Proteus Steinmetz

Offline Lawrence

• Community Manager
  • Active Participant
    • Lawrence Wright
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2013, 03:31:35 PM »
Glad I wasn't in violation of some rule I didn't notice. I get myself in trouble from time-to-time by posting stuff meant to be helpful. Fortunately the rules here look like nobody is pushing some agenda.

Rest assured, I'm not here to police anyone. I think these resources are great! Feel free to shoot up a bunch more to the community. :)

I did create another board specifically for this type of stuff. You weren't really breaking any rules, there just wasn't a board with the proper category yet.
Skype: sociallarry | AIM: larry.aim@aim.com | Forum Rules & Information

These forums are hosted by me with no intentions to ever monetize them. These forums are here solely for the benfit of the HostBill community.

Offline maxim

• Active Participant
  • Version: latest
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2013, 03:35:50 PM »
Thank you for thread.
I have no idea to break policy. When is there any aspect to break any policy point, please contact me and i will detaily explain it.
Noone is there to block me content, is it nothing illegal. I will make code and support it.

Offline maxim

• Active Participant
  • Version: latest
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2013, 04:21:53 PM »
Most of me prices go extremly higher and I would explain why. (No custom development - variable price for project)
I check the prices and orders results in one side and in other time, government regulations (VAT, prices), location.
The result was in minus.
In case be one of active developer is this needed.
I hate big prices, but i'm live in EU not in India.
When the company need one module i think isn't unreal buy some module with this price, when company need more modules is the solution have a discount.
When will be there more orders prices can be smaller.
I'm not on way like hostbill idea.

I invite any user to contact me and i will be available to answer.

Thank you

Offline psybox

• Active Participant
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2013, 08:22:46 AM »
Has anyone used the google talk plugin? Do you have to do anything to remove the built in hostbill one?

Offline tallship

• Active Participant
  • Manager Network Services
    • Skype - tallship
    • Business Internet and Telephony since 1985.
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2013, 12:25:21 PM »
Has anyone used the google talk plugin? Do you have to do anything to remove the built in hostbill one?

Well, I have it. And I noticed that there's an update to it since I originally d/l'd it. I had concerns about it originally because of the morphing that Google communications systems had been going through, so I didn't actually install it.

I have no interest in the HostBill chat system - it kinda sucks anyway, and there's better ones out there that are basically free and do more anyway - except connect to the ticket system.

Does your plugin integrate with the ticket system, by being able to open tickets? If so, I'll look into testing it out in tandem with you shortly. The problem is, and I know this is a major concern that many here have, is that HostBill is so broken, so buggy, and so prone to catastrophic failure at every Friday update, that I am a little worried that either HostBill or your plugin will break following the next HostBill update - You know that's how mACR0sf0t broke AmiPro and Word Perfect, by inserting secret code into Windows 3.1x that caused those apps to crash.

Considering how heavily encoded HostBill is, I wouldn't be surprised if kbkp decided to engage in active sabotage of 3rd party apps.

But I'm very interested in trying out some of your stuff - the problem with most of it is I have a hard time understanding some stuff due to the language barrier - perhaps we could work together on some of that and make the English docs and descriptions more accessible to Native speakers of English... Here's a joke....

What do you call someone who speaks two languages?

Bi-lingual

What do you call someone who speaks three languages?

Tri-lingual

What  do you call someone who only speaks one language?

American.

LOL! If I can laugh the jokes I tell myself ;)

Sad but true - most of us are handicapped by only being able to speak Engish - Heck, even most Brits speak at at least two languages, but not Americans, and we need docs that are well written in our own language, or we have a tendency to think that the coding is insufficient too.

Anyway, thank you for being a developer and for the mods you write, and I am looking forward to trying out the Google plugin too :)
Bradley D. Thornton - Manager Network Services, NorthTech Computer   TEL: +1.310.388.9469 (US) | +44.203.318.2755 (UK) | +61.390.088.072 (AU) | +41.43.508.05.10 (CH)
Registered Linux User #190795 - "Ask Bill why the string in [MS-DOS] function 9 is terminated by a dollar sign. Ask him, because he can't answer. Only I know that." - Dr. Gary Kildall.